Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > Bits Of Me

Just a lil bit of my nonsense. If you are looking for something deep and meaningful, you've come to the wrong place!
Rate this Entry

Flying

Posted 06-21-2008 at 02:51 AM by Torin
Updated 06-21-2008 at 03:25 AM by Torin
The story of a girl...

Once there was a girl. And this girl loved a man... just one man, with her whole heart. They lived in a field with tall grass, and open clear skies. The occasional storm passed through, but the girl felt that as long as her man was by her side, she could handle them all.

As time passed, the man could no longer see the girl. She became invisible to him. She would try to talk to him, and hug and kiss him, but he just looked through her as if she was not there. Occasionally, he would sense her presence, but he was a little too preoccupied with his life to do more than pat her on the head, and tell her to find something to do.

The girl was pretty stubborn, and did not want to give up on her man. She felt that if she were perfect, and beautiful, he would see her. So she looked her very best, and always wore a smile, just for him. Day after day, she waited for him... some days her smile would falter, but she would take a deep breath, and remember her vow. She occupied herself with watching the little birds in the field. She became fascinated with how they would run, and spread their wings, and fly off of the cliff.

A small part of her heart began to envy the freedom of the birds. Her hands would tingle with the thought of the wind, and her feet would burn to run. But as she looked at her man, the thought of leaving him to fly was frightening. What if she flew, and he missed her? What if he had time for her, and she was not around?

So, she went to the man. And she begged and pleaded for him to just look at her. To see her. To listen to her, and to share his life with her. Tears streamed down her face as she begged, and she thought for sure that if she just tried a little bit harder, he would see her. So she screamed until her voice was gone... but still, he could not see her.

With a broken heart, she turned to the cliffs, and let her mind think about the possiblity of running. Could she do it? Was she strong enough? Fast enough? What if she failed? What if she didn't? What if she didn't know how to fly, or worse... what if she didn't know how to land?

The wind picked up around her, and with a deep breath, she put one foot in front of her. Took one step, then another, then another. Each one a little faster than the last. She looked over her shoulder with a heart full of hope that the man would notice her leaving. But no, he was not even looking in her direction.

She began to run. Full speed, face tilted to the sun. Heart pounding, and with thoughts of freedom, and of shedding her pain... the cliff getting closer and closer. She could do it! She was brave enough, she could do anything! She stretched out her arms, to prepare for the jump.... and felt something jerk her back.

With a stunned turn, she finds her man standing behind her. She tries to stifle the hope exploding in her chest, and looks at him with her heart, and her world in her eyes. He smiles at her, and holds out his hand... she grabs on so tightly, and is so happy that he finally SEES her. After all this time, he is looking at her! And talking to her, and listening to her. They touch and kiss, and love well into the night.

The girl is blissfully happy... she does not regret her missed flight, she is just grateful to have her man at her side. She dreams of all the things they can do together, and be together... she dreams of their children, and their life, and how happy it will be. She glows under his attention, and begins to blossom.

The next day, when the sun rises, the girl turns to her man, but again... he can't see her. She is frantic, and horrified. Why? Why won't he try to look for her? Doesn't he miss her? Doesn't his heart cry out for her?

She waits. She remembers her vow, and she tries desperately to hold onto it.

But with each passing day, the hurt grows. It grows and it grows, and begins to slowly change to anger. She thinks of how close she came to freedom, and how she gave it all away, to be with him. She becomes obsessed with her near flight. She no longer tries to be perfect... she no longer finds joy in the fields and the sky. All she can think of is him.... and how much she wants to be free of him.

So she runs. Without thought, or fear... with anger as her fuel, she pounds through the tall grass. Not looking back... not caring if he is watching. She sees the cliffs, and for the first time in so long... she smiles. Freedom is close enough to taste.

And just like before... she feels a sharp tug, a pull hard enough to pull her to the ground. And there he is... her man. Waiting with a smile, and eyes full of love and promise.

And her heart betrays her. She knows at that moment, that she does love her man. She does want to be with him, more than she wants to fly. But the memories are fresh, and cut like a knife.

Can she trust him? Why can he only see her as she is running away? If she takes his hand, will she ever be brave enough to run again? Will it be different?

He promises her the world. He says all the perfect things that her wounded heart needs to hear. She looks at the cliffs, and feels as if she is being ripped apart.

She takes his hand, but its not the same. His hand feels strange and unfamiliar. She smiles at him, but her smile doesn't quite reach her eyes. Her laughter is hollow, and she finds she has nothing to say to her man. She doesn't know what to dream anymore.

Where does it go from here?

I guess we will see.
Total Comments 18

Comments

Old
OMG.... that is my story... Torin... wow... my story of the man who hurt me..
Old
Wow... that is an amazing story..... kinda speechless... yeah no words. Amazing story Torin!
Old
I love it Torin. That was so good. Realy great.
Old
Very vivid and moving, but bo full of pain, Torin. I pray it isn't you -- not now, not ever. You certainly deserve better.
Old
Thanks Torin....
Old
That girl, as with all others, deserves to be treated with respect, dignity, and above all, shown the love so needed by all of us. That girl, needs to fly, and not have her wings clipped, unable to get off the ground. That girl must find the ability to grow those feathers, and fly. Life is short, make the most of it while you can, as you cant turn back the hands of time.

Thank you Torin.
Old
Wow, Torin...
This really hit home for me...
Old
Very sad, but I couldnt stop reading. Wow.
Posted 07-06-2008 at 01:25 PM by private beaches private beaches is offline
Old
I found your story captivating Torin.

Here is another...

Once there was a man. And this man loved a very beautiful girl. The girl became the beautiful woman with whom he had built a life. He always worked hard to balance his life with the beautiful woman and the life of his career. Both were important to him. The harder he worked at his career the more able & capable he was to protect his beautiful woman from the occasional storm.

He was faithful. His work took him away occasionally, and he was faithful. He considered his beautiful woman to be his lover, his friend, his confidant. He had his guy friends, of course, but after moving from field to field with his beautiful woman, he considered her to be his very best friend, the most stable influence in his life.

They brought two beautiful children into the world. The oldest grew up and then flew away to freedom, just like a bird.

After several years of being able to withstand storm after storm, and building a beautiful life together, he considered his own life with the beautiful woman stalwart, unbreakable. He laughed at those other couples that faltered. The temptations of other beautiful women were easily brushed off. He knew his wife was faithful to him. He was arrogant about his relationship with the beautiful woman. Divorce, he thought, is for other people…weak people. I have nothing to worry about, because I am strong. We are strong.

He continued to work harder and harder because he wanted to make things better and better, even though they were already great. But while he was focused on his work and working harder, did he neglect his beautiful woman? He came home one day and realized that his beautiful woman was attempting to spread her wings and fly away. She was running so fast, her feet were about to leave the ground. She was at the edge of the cliff. But then she looked back.

He grabbed her quickly and pulled her back. He held her close, trembling. He said, “ I thought that I had lost you.” She looked him in the eye and promised it was a mistake, that it would never happen again. She assured him of her love for the man and her desire to remain by his side, moving from field to field forever. But the experience hurt the man deeply. He realized many things that day, about the beautiful woman, about himself, about their relationship, and about others.

He wonders, should his beautiful woman attempt to fly to freedom again, would he dare pull her back again? As much as it hurt the first time, would it hurt even more the next? Could he take pain like that again?

As he looks around now, the fields look the same. The storms look stronger and stronger. Occasionally these days, he looks to the sky and wonders…what it would be like to fly?
Old
I found your story captivating Torin.

Here is another...

Once there was a man. And this man loved a very beautiful girl. The girl became the beautiful woman with whom he had built a life. He always worked hard to balance his life with the beautiful woman and the life of his career. Both were important to him. The harder he worked at his career the more able & capable he was to protect his beautiful woman from the occasional storm.

He was faithful. His work took him away occasionally, and he was faithful. He considered his beautiful woman to be his lover, his friend, his confidant. He had his guy friends, of course, but after moving from field to field with his beautiful woman, he considered her to be his very best friend, the most stable influence in his life.

They brought two beautiful children into the world. The oldest grew up and then flew away to freedom, just like a bird.

After several years of being able to withstand storm after storm, and building a beautiful life together, he considered his own life with the beautiful woman stalwart, unbreakable. He laughed at those other couples that faltered. The temptations of other beautiful women were easily brushed off. He knew his wife was faithful to him. He was arrogant about his relationship with the beautiful woman. Divorce, he thought, is for other people…weak people. I have nothing to worry about, because I am strong. We are strong.

He continued to work harder and harder because he wanted to make things better and better, even though they were already great. But while he was focused on his work and working harder, did he neglect his beautiful woman? He came home one day and realized that his beautiful woman was attempting to spread her wings and fly away. She was running so fast, her feet were about to leave the ground. She was at the edge of the cliff. But then she looked back.

He grabbed her quickly and pulled her back. He held her close, trembling. He said, “ I thought that I had lost you.” She looked him in the eye and promised it was a mistake, that it would never happen again. She assured him of her love for the man and her desire to remain by his side, moving from field to field forever. But the experience hurt the man deeply. He realized many things that day, about the beautiful woman, about himself, about their relationship, and about others.

He wonders, should his beautiful woman attempt to fly to freedom again, would he dare pull her back again? As much as it hurt the first time, would it hurt even more the next? Could he take pain like that again?

As he looks around now, the fields look the same. The storms look stronger and stronger. Occasionally these days, he looks to the sky and wonders…what it would be like to fly?
Old
There are compromises Torin, you can grow and fly on your own as long as you come back to the open arms of your loved ones, and your loved ones are brave enough to let you go...Find something you love to do, something that you can put your heart into, something to call your own...

That old saying "If you love something, let it go. If it comes back it's yours forever. If doesnt come back it was never meant to be."
Old
Your story made me cry. You and Sebastain, touched my heart and it broke for both of you. Why can't we ever, as couples, want to run and fly together, finding true freedom with eachother?
Old
OK sis... i FINALLY read this!!! and OMG now I am crying. Thank you hun It explains it perfectly!
Old
tears
Posted 08-06-2008 at 11:30 AM by PleasurePirate PleasurePirate is offline
Old
Wow Torin, that is so sad and beautiful.
Old
As humans both men and women seem to easily take for grantite what we love the most. I know I am just as guilty of doing this as anyone else. Thanks guys to wake me up and learn of the most common mistakes humans make. Relationships are all about what you both put into them. You can never get out of a relationship more then what you put into it. Nor should you deserve less then what you put into it either. Trick is where is a happy middle ground in a relationship? And finding that mate that is willing to work at a relationship the rest of your life.
Old
So sad but written so hauntingly beautiful, a tale that so many of use can relate to. A hug of hope for the girl. May she at long last find her wings
Old
Amazing!

Recent Blog Entries by Torin