Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > artemis

Rate this Entry

An evolved mind..?

Posted 01-11-2012 at 02:33 PM by artemis
Updated 01-12-2012 at 01:26 AM by artemis (grammar)
The question in my mind is: will we ever get there or are we even in the process of doing so? Evolving our minds & thought process...

I joined this site, like many others due to whatever dissatisfaction in my married life to put in in general terms. To me, it was to be seduced by the idea of perfect seduction... words, sentiments expressed in a new dimension and a new medium other than the real. We of course bring our emotions, personalities, problems, fears with us naturally.. But considering that "we" (people on this site for example) have learned to compartmentalize our "real" from "online" lives or somehow interweave them let's say, why can't we be more evolved in our thoughts?

What do I mean by that? Simply put: If online relationships fizzle or incompatibility occurs, why isn't it possible to be some how "BETTER" than normal selves? Be more respectful, courteous, considerate & cordial?

The communications by phone, chat, texts are still NOT the real thing. But true emotions and gratification are involved... and why not take the entire thought process to one level further? To learn to agree to disagree or go separate ways in cordiality and with a smile, UNLIKE in "real" life?

"So we had a 'one-night' chat,it didn't click is it a reason to be ugly or ignore or rude to someone?" just an example... just saying... just have the flu & can't concentrate on my studying...

If someone does read this, I am curious to know what you think and...no disrespect was meant to anyone...
Total Comments 28

Comments

Old

right on
Old
mmmm i see where your going with this ?my son has a x box and he goes to war every night! no realy" his mind takes him there ,with text you have no touch or vision just your own imaginatsion.if you have a good brain you can go anywhere you like ,how do you think yoga works???
Old
Yoga works with breathe and concentration!LOL! And yes like your son, sometimes, "actually" going to war may not be an available option... Totally confused with your thought process... LOL
Old
I have a vivid imagination and find cyber affairs invade my real life to the point where it makes me feel like I'm living inside my head. It is very difficult for me to cope with wanting/being with someone in my head that doesn't exist in my real world. How can this person be so important to me when the people in my life doesn't even know he exists.

On the rudeness - it's much easier to be rude online than in real life, I spoke to someone recently that said when they receive a rude email they pick up the phone and call that person, and you will not believe how quickly things change from rude to polite.
Updated 01-11-2012 at 05:07 PM by redwing
Old
I agree with you Redwing.. but not all of us have the possibility of having someone "real" in their life..

Also how hard is it to be cordial is what I am asking? Its easier to be anonymous and gentlemanly.. yes?
Old
I find it infinitely easier to think exactly what I want to say online. In real life I could just use body language and walk with swagger but here I have to bring it.

The same competition exists but now they can hide behind an avi of anything whereas in real life the unnatractive wouldn't get in 2 words. Maybe there's an advantage for communication there. Without physical attraction taking over verbal communication has some room to expand.
Posted 01-11-2012 at 06:35 PM by Musclecandycane Musclecandycane is offline
Old
"Also how hard is it to be cordial is what I am asking? Its easier to be anonymous and gentlemanly.. yes?"

Surprisingly for some people it's quite impossible lol, it gets worse though, if some psycho women perceives you as a threat you could end up the centre of a smear campaign
Old
Nicely put...what you're asking for is simple respect for the other person. But sadly, for some, ego, jealousy, hurt feelings overide civility. Life's too short. Enjoy the time then move on as friends. The next adventure is right around the corner!
Old
That's exactly it Bryan. Respect. And I offer it always... Sometimes my hidden Gandhian principles surface.. Hopefully the next adventure comes along, but I will face it with my armor on.
Old
Where there are groups of people there will always be some type of distention. It is the nature of the human beast. I agree with what you are saying but the reality of it, is that there will always be petty people out and about. That is why I am usually in my own little world here and I like it.

Yoga is sounding damn good !!!
Old
my thought line was that you can get involved with something/one.and have the same feelings that you would have by realy being there??thats why some times our dreams feel so real .its tapping into that same energy in the brain .we will some day be able to do this i.e evolve like you said.saying that some people have this gift allready!!(if im going to deep forgive me )i have a very creative mind myself ,now put some clothes on for christ sake he he he
Old
What you ask for assumes that people are innately good..and that they understand that they can chose whatever reality they want instead if mirroring what they are in real life.

Should be...I agree. Very rarely is..unfortunately.
Old
Hmmm .... read this yesterday and am still wrapping my brain around it.

I think this pace is full of wounded souls, people whom have various sized walls they have built up .... some courtesy of their spouses ... others have been involved in an online relationship or two .... either way these events have lead to a self protecting purchase of soul-armor.
So when these individuals finally let someone in and ... again it happens and they get burned I think they are so dissatisfied with themselves and the pursuit of relationship euphoria, some internalize ... maybe take the high road as you suggest ... others go the primal route... beat their chest, yell and scream.... some seem to do the passive aggressive thing which I find just as bad.... others have other ways of coping.
I agree .. everyone should act "evolved" and carry on ... but then again this behavior of acting out after one is "hurt" does show a human element that at the least demonstrates the person was vested and did care.
Old
Thanks to all your comments so far... Thanks Shawn... That does help somehow... but I still believe that as HUMANS, since we cannot evolve any more with our bodies (well we could.. scifi discussion) the next step in Human evolution is the mind... What better place to learn and evolve than in abstract scenarios like here... To be able to consciously separate it.. But i know... that is BS and asking too much and what you guys are saying is really it... Sorry for the ramble...
Old
@ Wayneepoo... its winter clothes are most of the times on AVs are not real... remember Yours is... not mine
Old
shatter a mans dreams! why don.t ya artemis he he
Old
Great Blog A ..with very interesting comments

I think these relationships are real. We are real people.

I think we make a mistake when we are surprised by how intense it can get and how upsetting bad behaviour is. The only thing that is different is some limitation of our senses. Eyes and even ears can easily be involved - touch, taste and smell - you have to meet.
Old
some people are nice by nature; some are not. you have to expect to run into either kind..personalities don't magically change online. eventually the real self emerges, and that's when the good stuff or hissy fits begin. What's pleasing to read is how many have posted in this blog who have actually thought about having manners...a pretty evolved group by online standards!
Old
@ Brad: So I don't disagree that these are real relationships.. but the fact that they tend to be so short lived or can be... or that one can "escape" without any real remorse should be all the more reason for REAL civility and politeness.. Don't you think? How hard is it instead of ignoring a REAL person and actually being just civil or courteous?
Why should sex or rather talking/chatting about sexual desires change one's manners?
Old
We agree on this A. Your starting point is that this site is an opportunity for people to experience some relief or comfort from difficulties. We expect support and understanding from this community. Where people act in a predatory manner is then doubly disappointing. However it is reality and I guess you just have to take a little time to find what sort of person you are interacting with. I think the girls can help you better with that topic.

Recent Blog Entries by artemis