Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > Skwerty

Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Too Much Charity

Posted 05-09-2014 at 09:18 PM by Skwerty
These days, shouldn't we all just donate 50% of our salaries directly to charity. In fact let's not donate, let's just let the government take it before we even touch it. But only if they agree to ban charity tin shakers and Just Giving appeals! That way we will unclutter our facebooks and celebrities will get on with the task of being celebrities and looking sexy or being funny where it is expected.
Of course the above is tongue in cheek but there is a serious message. Raising awareness. It's a big message these days and used in everything from advertising to controlling risk in business.
But charity, to me, is no longer charity. To me it's a forced means of taxation. No longer is it something given with good meaning and nor is it often given anonymously. These days it seems to be expected and mainly used to make ourselves feel good or to raise our own profiles. I'm sure with some celebrities it is used as a means of purchasing a ticket to heaven or to buy forgiveness for past misdemeanours.
So let's get charity back to being charity and go about their business quietly. Why? Because whilst we all are so willing to give so freely, the governments can sit back, not help, ignore the issues, and use the money to fight meaningless wars instead. I already pay my taxes, and I want the government to spend my money wisely, helping people, not killing them. But there is another reason why awareness should be lowered. My arms have a limited length and cannot accommodate any more wristbands and some are now turning my arm purple. At least ake them bigger please.
Now if you think this blog deserves Jill's prize then please donate to my Just Giving site and I will donate the proceeds and the winning prize to a charity of Jills choice
Total Comments 11

Comments

Old
Great job..just enough ire to provoke; just enough humor to delight.

In the US every so-called charity gets a major tax break. Every whacky religion or oddball disease hauls in $$$$ and gets to keep it all.

I say if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I will be donating your winnings, if they are awarded, to the Holy Moly Congregation of Me.

Thanks for playing!
Old
A worthy cause! Isn't there a "chat show" we can go on to promote all the good work we are doing to help all the Holy Moly's of this world?
Old
I love this! You have the ability to make a point with such tongue-in-cheek humor....keep writing blogs, even after the prizes are awarded. I will be eagerly awaiting the next one
Old
Shush..chat show in the works.
Old
I swear that if Jill's prize is financial and I win it (doubtful with the postings I've read), I will give ALL of it to charity happily. And provide proof of said receipt to Jill to show to all of you.

How is that?
Old
It's not financial. But if it were, you'd have to give it to the Holy Moly Congregation.
Old
Is it something we can sell on eBay to raise valuable funds and awareness for the Holy Moly's?
Old
Let me put it this way. It's somewhere between a chuckle and a pay -someone -to -cart -it -away, in Ebay terms.
Old
I have a feeling you once did some nude still life modelling in art school and need to make room in your attic......in which case I'll make room to hang it on one of the walls and I'll write a better blog !
Updated 05-10-2014 at 10:10 PM by Skwerty
Old
ok! I'll do you a deal then -10 wristbands for the price of 7? Happy now
Old
A weeks supply of roller coaster rides! Wicked!

Recent Blog Entries by Skwerty