Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > gabrielle22

Rate this Entry

Compliments

Posted 09-08-2016 at 01:06 PM by gabrielle22
I have a difficult time accepting the simplest compliment.

This is one of those childhood holdovers. If an achievement was made it was generally not lauded. To me this was a good thing. Being noticed in my house sometimes had dire effects.

As a teenager I was incredibly shy and tried to blend in as much as possible. I spent a lot of my time in the library.

I started getting my first compliments as an adult. While yes..I love them..on the other hand I feel discomfort. I tend to pass it off. I make a joke or deflect. If it's someone not close to me I tend to think they must not know me, not see me clearly or be suffering from some sort of temporary insanity.

My Achilles is the sincere compliment. The one given by someone I've let inside my fortress or by someone I know doesn't wanna see what color my panties are. I turn into some stuttering fool.

It's not that I disbelieve exactly. It's that other shoe falling syndrome. The idea that with the good..comes the hideously bad.

I'm practicing just saying thank you. It feels..strange. I keep looking behind me like the compliment ogre is going strike.

I wonder what the secret is?
Total Comments 11

Comments

Old
I enjoyed reading all the blogs you posted/reposted today. Funny how we can resonate with things that we feel know one else does.
Old
I've often wondered if anyone is ever "really" comfortable with compliments, because I know I've never really been either. Unless you know the person and their intentions some random compliment about some physical attribute even as an adult still gets uncomfortable or even creepy. I was taught to just smile and say "thank you", but that's gotten me followed home a few times too
Old
Woman..u did good.
This really hits home with me.
Thank you for vocalizing exactly how i feel.
Old
I second gdgrl's comment. Spot on.
Old
You have a fantastic way with words!
And you should be proud of the way you use them.

Thank you for sharing Gabs
Old
Thanks Pinewood.

See? I'm learning.
Old
I get ya...I'm learning as I go...It's not easy for one to see our worth with everything life throws at us. Somedays it's easy, others you don't see it. Ongoing battle. I think you're pretty fantastic tho, one female to another.
Old
Thank you.

Back at you, DD.
Old
Very cool. Love your writing, very well done..........nice boobs too
Old
Sorry I did not read this before. I know very well what you are talking about. I got recognized at work for my 35 year service anniversary a while back and it was uncomfortable as hell.
Old
Again beautiful x

Recent Blog Entries by gabrielle22