Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > Just A Girl

Rate this Entry

Dear Bubba...

Posted 03-16-2017 at 12:25 PM by Just A Girl
Dear Bubba,
I wish you could wrap your brain around just how proud I am of you for being an amazing young man. The independence and responsibility you have shown your freshman year at college have truly surprised me. Not because I didn't think you were able but because it was such a life change. Every time I see you, you look different. You don't look like a kid anymore. You look like a young man. When you call me to tell me about what's happening in your life, the confidence and happiness I hear in your voice makes my 'cup runneth over'.
When you're back at school, the house gets so quiet that I think I can actually hear the walls closing in around me. When you're back at school, I feel like I don't know who I am because all I have wanted to be for so many years was the best mom I could to you. I sit here right now as I type this with tears down my face because I know that tomorrow you'll go back to school and the next seven weeks will go back to that uncomfortable silence. It breaks my heart a lil bit each time I have to say goodbye to you. I will never let you see me cry over you growing up. I will never tell you how it breaks my heart a lil to see you become independent and less reliant on me. I will always tell you that you make me proud and that I couldn't be happier that you are finding your place in this every changing world.
So if you see me and I don't have words and I'm not saying much, know it's because if I speak my voice may crack or my eyes fill up with the tears I'm holding back that I never want you to see.
So I will enjoy our last night of movie watching, popcorn munching and sofa sitting with good cheer and joy and not think about tomorrow night, yet.
Love,
Mom
Total Comments 8

Comments

Old
That's awesome, no one can measure a parent's love for their children.
Old
I LOVE this Boo...And I love you...
Old
yeah. You're killing me right in the feels.
Old
The fact that he is an amazing young man is evidence that you've achieved being the best mom you could have been to him.
Old
Love you!!
Old
I already relate to this and my kiddo is only 8.
Thank you for this piece.
Old
Let him hear the voice crack. Let him see the eyes water . Let him know how hard it is to let him go. It only shows him how loved he is.
Old
Awesome young human being because of his awesome mom. I agree with light... let him see you miss him lots.

You are an amazing woman!

Recent Blog Entries by Just A Girl