Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > hikergeek

Rate this Entry

Wondering

Posted 12-18-2017 at 10:27 AM by hikergeek
Updated 12-31-2017 at 09:53 PM by hikergeek
There is an issue that I have been wondering about for awhile now. Based on the times it has happened to other members I wonder about dealing with online friends suddenly having unfortunate events taking them away (e.g., accidents or health events). These very distressing occurrences are understandably tough on the people left behind. But, the really tough part, from my perspective, is the not knowing what happened and possibly not being able to find out for a long period of time.

As a few of you know, I have a relationship with a member here. And the thing I sometimes struggle with is what would happen if either of us had one of those events I mentioned earlier. For example, if I was in a serious car accident, no one would even know to tell her, she would only know i suddenly stopped communicating. It would probably not be in the news so she would have no way of knowing. When I recovered enough to communicate would be the only way for her to find out. Or vice versa. Neither of can exactly call the others family to find out, can we? So, I am wondering if anyone else has found a solution. I have thought of offering my work phone number to her so she could theoretically find out that way (our phone system has a two choice redirect to either my boss or my AA). I am reluctant to ask for that kind of information from her as it might seem too much.

So, any ideas or working solutions? Or is this an unavoidable problem with online relationships?

Thanks for reading this all the way to the end.

Just an update - circumstances have rendered this issue moot, but hopefully someone else will profit from the info.
Total Comments 3

Comments

Old
Join the website that monitors your activity, based on parameters you set, and notifies a key person to let others you list know you are dead, or otherwise incapacitated.

I forget what it's called, but you can google it.
Old
I had that with a person who was not on this or any site. It was very painful when I found out he passed away, a couple of months after it happened. I never got to stay goodbye. And it was my fault because I had pushed him away a couple of months before it happened because I was too weak to handle what he had confessed to me.
Old
It appears to be:

If I die.org (no spaces, damn autocorrect) or

deadmansswitch.net

Thanks for the info.
Updated 12-18-2017 at 10:48 PM by hikergeek

Recent Blog Entries by hikergeek