Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > ByronBay

Rate this Entry

The Pub

Posted 10-11-2014 at 09:00 AM by ByronBay
Do you ever wonder why you come to this site? I know I do! I have certainly had more than one WTF am I doing moments!
But still can't seem to stay away! What it is about this place?

It got me thinking ..............
Back in my early 20s I lived in the middle of Brighton, one of the UKs liveliest cities. Next door was a pub called The Princess Victoria (PV). It was probably the only time in my life I felt like I had a proper local pub. Sometimes the landlady would give us the keys and tell us to lock up and post the keys through the letter box when we left! We knew everyone in there - it was like home from home! Lots of fun memories but sadly it has since closed down. And life changes - we all grow up and life gets more sensible and serious with more and more responsibilities.
It got me thinking about M&F and why I come here. And the conclusion is this place might actually be my virtual local pub, as has been said by others before.
One of the recent threads was - do you feel like you fit in here? I think - just like a pub it depends on who is here and how you're feeling. Sometimes it may be empty and sometimes it may be too crowded. Some days you may be in a party mood and other days might just want to be quiet or catch up with an old friend.
But we've certainly got all the characters here to make it a great place.
From the locals who are here every day to the occasional visitors. The fun party people to the philosophical deep thinkers. The sympathetic listeners to the ones giving it all the spiel to big themselves up. The comedians to the too serious. The ones ogling every woman who walks by to the ones looking for 'the one'! The super friendly to the super snooty! We've even got the cantankerous ones who want to argue politics all day.
There's always stuff going on - it may be poetry night or live music night. I think we've even got a few in house DJs! There may be a couple arguing in the corner, and you're pretending not to look but sort of intrigued. Everyone wonders who with who but no one is quite sure! On rowdy or full moon nights it can get a little wild, and the bouncers (mods) have to step in! It can be fun to glam up, show a little flesh and flirt- other times it may be more fun to do a quiz night in the word threads!
The atmosphere is usually great with lots of laughs. There is a lot of banter and heckuva lot of baloney but every now and again someone's words will touch your heart! The more you visit the more you get to know people and make friends. There are some amazing people here.
Be warned - very occasionally it is possible to get a little carried away and you might end up in the pub cellar snogging someone who's been giving you the eye all night.
But generally, you never know what could happen or who you might meet!
So is that why I come here? I seriously don't know! It's certainly a habit - and I'm not sure whether it is a good one or a bad one. But it's one I can't quite break for now.
Each and every one of you make it a special place! Cheers!
Make mine a screwball please!

Total Comments 14

Comments

Old
What a great analogy Ms. BB! I do believe you're correct. This place is often like a pub. Sometimes, you get someone's attention and it's just you two for awhile. Other times, you ask a question and it takes awhile for them to reply (they have company). But there's usually something interesting going on in some corner. Lol - I'll have what she's having!
Old
Great blog!!!...Very true
Old
You nailed it. A pub without smoke and with only the music you would choose. And getting home safely is usually just a click. Really enjoyed reading this. Thanks for a clever blog!

Signed,
A Blog Fan

PS wouldn't The Blogger be a fitting name for a pub?
Old
I really enjoyed reading this, and it's very true and good to know we all of these sort of thoughts about this little place.

And the mods are like the bouncers dealing with the rabble-rousers. Probably.

While we're here, do you drinks promotions on the weekend. I'm interested in cheap double vodkas; well that's what my tattoo says anyway.
Old
I enjoyed this very much .. BB you tell a good story .. so many pub visits (ancient history) were full of expectation .. who will you meet .. will the music be good .. dancing .. and the endless post match sports analytics among guys .. if the girls didn't show up .. here I sit quietly in the corner and sulk .. but as the girls said .. you nailed it.
Old
Quote:
Be warned - very occasionally it is possible to get a little carried away and you might end up in the pub cellar snogging someone who's been giving you the eye all night.
What do you mean with "very occasionally"
Brilliant blog post, I know why I come here and it has much to do with personal growth... yes sounds crazy, but it's true.
Old
Spot on BB.
And sometimes we go on a de-tox for a while and stay away but we eventually fall off the wagon and come back in for a fix of the fun, drinks, and atmosphere.
And sometimes people turn to flirting anonymous and never come back.
And it's not the roughest pub in the world either
A cracking read though
Old
Perfect analogy.
Old
I think the women's got drink on the brain to be honest x
Old
Awesome blog.........where is that cellar?
Old
excellent blog. Just curious was your pub open past 11 pm ? When I was in London I was shocked to see pubs close at 11 pm on a Friday night. There were some private clubs that were open till 4 am. I really enjoyed meeting new and interesting people there. They were very friendly to Americans and laughed when I said pants not trousers.
Posted 10-12-2014 at 08:19 PM by Doctor Dreamy 50 Doctor Dreamy 50 is offline
Old
Bravo, very well-written and entertaining. I love your writing style, it made me feel as though I were sitting back in a corner booth watching the people go by. The comparison is spot-on. I'll buy the next round, cheers!
Old
I don't look at blogs much. I loved the comparison.. great blog..
Old
It seems I've missed quite a lot over the years in this blogspot..always too busy messing around in the threads. But now I've ....Ahem!...cough..grown up..Im finding all kinds of little gems in here This..is certainly one of them!
A damn good analogy Ronnie...all you missed was "snitches corner"
And if you're wondering who the guy is with the lamp shade on his head doing the Ronnie Kray dance from Legend..wonder no more

Awesome read!

Recent Blog Entries by ByronBay