Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > katydid

Rate this Entry

The Past and Its Promise of a Future: Part 1

Posted 04-20-2011 at 10:00 AM by katydid
Someone read my blog last night. He said it made him sad. I suppose it is sad. It's my life and I know it makes me sad sometimes. Then at one point he asked me about the most unusual place I've had sex. I KNOW that is a thread; he does not. Or, he has not read my posts.

Every answer I had for that question was about things my ex-husband and I had done. Places where we had made love or probably, in most cases, fucked. It made me realize that I had once had a wonderful, vibrant relationship with my ex-husband. That once upon a time, I was happily, joyfully married.

There was a turning point in our marriage. Where animosity and resentment flooded out all the sweetness and love we once shared with each other. Where every word he said hit me like a brick with its disdain, disappointment and blame for a life he was tired of living. Where there was no love. But, that isn't where we began.

I was madly in love with my husband when we got married. Our courtship was unusual to say the least, but to us it was who we were and what we were to one another.

We met in Mazatlan in 1991. I was ending a vacation that I had gone on by myself. His, also a solitary vacation, had begun that night. We were at the same restaurant that night. He sat alone and I was with a woman who I had met during my trip. Trying to decide what to order, I looked at his plate. It looked delicious and so I asked him what it was. "Marlin stew. Want to try it?" I did and then asked him if he wanted to join us as he was by himself. He came and sat with us, bumping knees with me the whole time because his 6'5" frame fit awkwardly in his seat.

When he asked if we both wanted to go for a walk on the beach, my friend declined. I had no choice really. I did not want to hurt his feelings. He was a very nice guy. Our night together began with a walk where the full moon reflected off the ocean. Talking all night and discovering things about each other. Lots of margaritas while we sat listening to mariachi music which I still have a fondness of. A slow dance. And, the first kiss. On the beach sitting on a chaise lounge together, he took off his glasses and kissed me. And, kissed me some more.

We made our way back to my hotel. Yes. That is the kind of girl I was. Did I mention the margaritas? He had not had sex in quite a long time. Needless to say he was an enthusiastic and attentive lover. Probably the best one night stand I had so far. Honestly, I knew that sex was made of colors than night. The entire spectrum of coloring crayons.

The next day I was flying back to California. He was staying in Mexico for three weeks. Escaping part of the Canadian winter. We exchanged phone numbers and addresses and I left feeling sad. I got a phone call from him a couple of days later. Would I consider flying back down to Mexico to stay with him for a week? I was working a 7 on/7 off schedule at the time. Without hesitation, I said yes.

I flew back down and stayed with him for a week. Everything was different. He annoyed me with many of his habits. He had lied to me about his age. It was a stretch that I slept with him when he was 7 years older than me, but 12! Which made him 40 years old. Not a good start to our week. He was stingy with tipping, he was argumentative and brash with waiters, he would put his hand in his pocket and jingle his change like my FATHER did. Luckily, the sex was still awesome. But, I was so very happy when I got on the plane this time.

He wrote me several letters telling me how much I meant to him. Eventually I wrote him back asking him not to communicate with me any longer. One last sad letter from him and it was over. Or, so I thought.

Flash forward to 1993. I'm moving into my first house. Unpacking my books, I find "The Stand" and start to rifle through the pages. On the back cover inside is my husband's address and phone number. It was the book I was reading on my vacation in Mexico. Curious and really thinking he must be married by now, I called the number to find it was disconnected. Not surprising. It was almost three years later. He has an unusual last name and I decided to take a chance. I called information in his town and discovered that his brother's number was listed.

Without hesitation, I call the number. His wife answered the phone. I said "This is going to sound strange, but I met C. a couple of years ago. I was hoping to talk to him, but his number has been disconnected. My name is Katy." "Katy! Oh, my God. I've heard so much about you." I discovered he was not married and he was handsome as ever. Unsolicited information by the way. He called me later that night when I came home from work. Excited to talk to me, he told me he was planning to come down to the Grand Canyon and asked how far my city was from there. Six hours? Could he come visit me?

Now I hesitate. I am dating someone else at the time. How will he feel about all of this? How do I feel about all of this? I am pretty adventurous at this point in my life though. I tell him to come visit me.
Total Comments 5

Comments

Old
oh I can't wait to read the rest.. right now hope springs eternal within me.. for you.. for me.. for all of us...
Old
You're a GREAT writer.

I wonder what HAPPENS.
(Good blog as usual.)
Old
I don't want to give the ending away. I'm pretty sure you can guess. But the beginning really was amazing!
Old
Wow, katy! So well-written...I always enjoy reading your blogs.
Old
That's great, I look forward to more

Recent Blog Entries by katydid