Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > choices

I am going to give this blogging thing a try......

I have been abused, beaten, raped, neglected, tortured and hurt but not broken. That is not who I am though. I will not let that define who I am. I may come across as sappy and nice, too nice to some. That is ok by me. That is who I choose to be. I have the dark dark cloud deep inside me, and I choose everyday not to let it out, but fight it with sunshine. How do you feel after 5 days of dark clouds, and no sun! Pretty damn grouchy! And the sun comes out, bammo wammo the world is right again! Seeing others laugh and smile is what makes me happy.

I will admit, the sarcasm is lost on me. I don't know maybe it was one of the things beaten out of me. I want to be the person people feel comfortable being around, not the one people are scare of because a wet blanket was just thrown over them. I am grateful to be alive, and I want to spread that around. Every single person needs to see the good, even if it is a tiny little ray of sunshine, let it in! Life is way to short to be dwelling on the past! The past is done, not a damn thing you can do to change it. Today is the gift, unwrap it and enjoy!!!!!

I sometimes feel like an old twangy country song, but that ok! It is just time for me to get away, unplug and set my world right again. That is what a vacation is for, so off to enjoy my vacation!!

well more sap, but i did try, and it kinda felt good, might just do it again one day!
Rate this Entry

Getting it right!

Posted 08-21-2018 at 06:35 PM by Atrebla Rose
I have been here over 10 years now, sometimes as a quiet spectator, and some as a chat room mod. I feel it is my safe place. I enjoyed my first blog, and thought I would try it again. I have always been a journal writer, I kinda like this blog thingy.

You know when you got it right!

I know I am not alone in saying this, I am a very very proud mom! And if you are not, then get on the wagon.

I have raised 3 amazing boys, or men I should say. I did it for the most part as a single mom, finishing my degree at the same time in a city. I am a small town girl, and there were many adjustments from both myself and my boys. I did have family close by, but for the most part we did it alone. After 4 years of school, daycare, elementary school and sports, i graduated and we made the move to a bigger city 5 hours away from any friends or family. I settled into a new full time demanding job, and the boys settled into a new school, and day home. It was hectic but we had each other and we made it work. I had left the boys father, when the relationship became to abusive and I realized, I wanted my boys to grow up treating women the way a true man should. My choice.

I met a nice quiet man, whom I married and we became 5. Our life was filled with love, work, family and sports. I raised football and rugby player, and I was a huge sports mom. My van and my table was always filled with boys and their equipment or appetites. Was wonderful until tragedy happened and my husband passed away from a heart attack, far to early! In his early 40s, no warning just gone.

The boys and I did what we do best, picked ourselves back up and went on living. Fast forward to school graduations, college and marriage. Now I am the proud mom of 3 sons, 2 daughter in laws and one beautiful grand daughter. And of course 4 grand doggers!

The moral of my story was the result of the text message, one of many I receive on a weekly basis, but this morning it made me sit down and tear up a bit, filled with pride. It was from my youngest, he said, “I love you too mom, and thank you for being you, without you and your strength and love, I would not be the man I am today”!

Will always bring a tear to my eye, when I think if you never ever give up, you will always reap the benefits. Never give up, and always always pick yourself up. Nothing in this world is not worth fighting for. And yourself, family, friends, and your country are all worth your fight! You will know you got it right!

Thanks again for hearing me ramble!
Total Comments 3

Comments

Old
I need some of you to rub off on me. I'm giving up some of my fights. I just don't have it in me anymore. I'm tired of being the welcome mat. I envy your strength!
Old
thank you my special friend,,,,,never ever give up, just choose the battles, you will win the war in the end. It is a daily struggle, but I will not be beaten! and I will always get back up.....must be the fighting Irish in me! ((((( HUGS))))) stay strong and true to YOU first!
Old
extremely asperational xx

Recent Blog Entries by Atrebla Rose