Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > MisterBlueSky

Rate this Entry

One question I have - but I'll never get an answer

Posted 04-07-2016 at 04:04 PM by MisterBlueSky
You sat behind me in homeroom in 10th grade. You started being an asshole to me almost right away. At first I thought it was because you were a dick. Then I realized you knew we were the same type of person – and you were trying to make friends with me. We had the same first name. And be both loved to laugh. And we were both assholes. We had fun.

The stuff you could say to girls and get away – you stupid fat pudge, anyone else would have been smacked. They always laughed when you said it. Even hooked up with you – again, you stupid fat pudge….it made no sense. Even when your mouth got you in trouble – it always flipped around for you. You called our English Teacher a bitch. Anyone else would have had detention for a week. Instead – she over reacted, and kicked you of the class for good. Of course, you cant do that in a public school, and she ended up being the one in trouble. Who calls their teacher a bitch, and the teacher gets in trouble? You, that’s who.

You had the dumbest, stupidest ideas. There was a liquor store 45 minutes away who would serve anyone. So whenever we wanted beer – we made the hour and a half round trip. Of course, either of our brothers would have hooked us up 5 minutes away – but you thought that a long trip was the better idea. And you know what – it was. Those car rides – those were good times.

You were a terrible liar too. Look – you did not crash through that stone wall with your car. The next day, it was in perfect shape! I don’t care what you say, no one fixed it overnight! There were other lies too – we knew you were making it up, we just did not have the heart to tell you.

You were all about laughing. Anytime anyone hung around you, there was laughter. You were funny as hell – everyone knows that. But more so, you loved hearing what other people had to say, and you laughed harder at what others said than anyone ever laughed at your stuff. Yea….all I ever remember is laughing with you.

We went to college together. You are going to be an Ag Engineer. You were going to be successful. Then one night Sophomore year, we tried Cocaine. I guess there is a one in 5 chance of becoming addicted – because 4 of us knew what “try” meant. You went in full bore. 6 months later, you were unrecognizable. You got into debt to the wrong people, and your Dad bailed you out. You had to fess up – and you stopped.

Then – it was like a year of your life went missing, and you never tried to catch up. Gave up on school, gave up on all the things you could have been. I still don’t know why. You had that house on 9th St, with the weird neighbor, you still were fun to hang around with.

Eventually your whole family moved out of state, and you did too. Never saw you or heard from you after you moved.

You fell on hard times – you moved back in with your parents. One night you told your Mom you weren’t feeling good, and you were going to go to bed early. The next morning she found you dead on the floor.

You stupid mother-fucker. Why did you die?
Total Comments 7

Comments

Old
I read this twice. I feel like I know the guy, and am mad at him, too. But you did a great job bringing him to life and adding those details that ring true. I am assuming this is from your real life. If not, you made it seem that way!
Old
Thanks Jill - and yes, he was my best friend for many years. All 100% true. Including the bit about being permanently kicked out of English class. Lasted a week.
Old
Awww....what a sad ending. Unfortunately I think we all have one of those people in our lives.
Old
The addiction takes hold and there is nothing we can do but wonder . I am sorry you went through the end but I am happy you had great times with him before it got bad
Old
Addiction is ugly.
Old
Its strange that I would just read this blog. I think about all the times I have been teased for not trying drugs , while my friends did all around me. It might not ruin everyone, but certain personality types have more addiction innate in them. Being a type A personality, I have never and prob never will.. Nice blog and Im sorry..
Old
Thanks for sharing. This was moving and well written. Sorry for your loss.

Recent Blog Entries by MisterBlueSky