Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > Sweet-Tee

Rate this Entry

At a loss for words

Posted 01-22-2013 at 08:42 PM by Sweet-Tee
Today as I walked into work I was met with many sad faces and the message that Jill needs to see me right away. Before getting to Jill she got to me, she told me that my one of my best friends boyfriends was dead and she was hyserical and wanted me. A mix of emotions. How can this be, this guy was 56, they just went on a date Saturday night. I held her, she cried, we laughted about an inside joke which I don't think the others appreciated (fuck'em). As the day progressed I texted her a few times, made plans to meet after work and talk. I don't know what to say to her. So I do something uncharistically not me, I just shut up and listen. I actually don't know what to say but then sometimes nothing said is the best thing of all. As she left my car tonight I told her.... screw taking it one day at a time... for now she needs to take it one hour at a time. I am sad for my friend, and still at a loss for words about this event that has touched her.
Total Comments 9

Comments

Old
You were there for her. That speaks volumes.
Old
I agree w/ Bry....(((((((((((((((Hug))))))))))))))))))
Old
Oh sigh..sry to hear..but..cannot imagine a better comforter than you. Hugz.
Old
Your presence spoke volumes without having to utter a word. Well done, my friend. Well done.
Old
I am sooooo sorry to hear what your friend is going though. Such a sad thing. You are a wonderful friend to just "listen." That is sometimes the most important thing. Most people are at a loss for words and then avoid the person because they feel awkward or inadequate. A listening ear is a welcome gift to her right now....and a hug will always speak volumes without you having to say a thing. You and your friend are both in my prayers right now.
Old
Sorry to hear this. It's so true what Cougargirl said. My sister went through a terrible loss and said it was hard when people ignored her. Even though it was probably only because they felt uncomfortable, awkward or didn't know what to say. Sometimes there just aren't any words but a good friend will be there to listen, hug or just sit together in silence and know that you are there for each other. Sounds like you have been a great friend to her. Hope she will get through ok x
Old
Wow. Real life story there
Way to be there.
How's she doing now?
Old
I bet she is eternally grateful to have a devoted friend like yourself. You were there for her in her darkest hour. How has your friend been doing? How have you been doing? I am glad to see that you have returned and know that if there is anything that you need, feel free to ask.
Posted 04-06-2013 at 01:00 AM by justlooking7669 justlooking7669 is offline
Old
You are a good friend. Sorry for you loss also.

Recent Blog Entries by Sweet-Tee