Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > Ally

Rate this Entry

Dating update

Posted 07-10-2012 at 09:43 PM by Ally
Updated 07-11-2012 at 01:39 PM by Ally
I haven't been blogging about my dating life and I'll tell you why - I'm not really dating!!

Well, I AM...just with one person. I didn't jump all over it like the last one and claim that I had possibly found the love of my life. I learned from THAT mistake. I am so much more cautious with this one. I'm not convinced that he's the one but that's ok, right? It will take time to get to know him and decide whether we are good for each other in the long run or not.

The guy I'm dating is one that I talked about in my last blog. I was most excited about him - Eli. He's a super sweet guy. I really like him! He's funny, he's super affectionate, a gentleman, and he is a great dad to his kids. We've gone out on 3 dates so far and both of us have taken down our profiles from the dating site. We haven't slept together so there's still that big question mark but we've decided to take our time there.

There is one negative about him which is what is keeping me grounded about him - he talks about his ex wife A LOT. I mean, I know way too much about her and her new boyfriend. I understand that when you have a lot of history with someone, all your stories kind of relate to that person but...you can tell someone about your past vacations without mentioning your ex's name in every other sentence, right??

He assures me that he's over her and that he wasn't happy with her...but I don't know...there's a bit of a red flag there!
Total Comments 13

Comments

Old
** scratches chin **
Old
Eli sounds like a great possibility. Maybe he's overcompensating with the ex-wife topic without
even knowing it or possibly he wants to be totally open so you won't think he's trying to hide anything. Or he's running out of things to say and defaults with talking about his ex. Either way, after 3 dates it sounds like you could tactfully bring up your ex-wife issues with him. That might open up a whole new dialogue between the two of you. But what do I know????
Old
Quote:
He's a super sweet guy. I really like him! He's funny, he's super affectionate, a gentleman, and he is a great dad to his kids.
OK...but how are you coping with the fact that he's Canadian??...I mean that's a red flag too right?
Old
Good luck, girly. As long as he keeps bringing up his ex all the time, I suggest you definately hold off sleeping with him, as he may be subconciously still in a rebound phase. He sounds like a nice guy, but it's great to take your time. When it feels right, you'll know. You'll have NO doubt in your mind. Many women push their doubts aside for the sake of "love". And no doubts can keep a person from going for the gold once they've become "in love". Pay attention to the little things, as once you're in a long-term relationship, it's the buildup of THOSE that become the deciding factor for success.
Old
Uh oh...Shawn gave the chin scratch

Han - I'm still waiting for that Canada flag av to show your TRUE feelings and affections for this wonderful country

Thanks Bryan and Greenspring for your words of encouragement!!
Old
he's either still feeling for her, orrrrr talking about her openly cause he's over her.. I'm typically more worried about the people that don't talk about the elephant in the room so to speak. means they might be hiding how they feel. If he's taking it too far, just reassure him. Or, tell him to knock it off or no bang bang for him... If we starts comparing chest size, run...
Old
Okay I just had a realization. The reason why it bothers me that he talks about her all the time? It's because she works at a stripbar. She's not a stripper!! lol Apparently she's just the shooter girl. It's the first job she has had in 10 years. She never worked during their marriage.

But if she works at a stripbar, that means she's probably hot...so my girl insecurities are maybe coming out a bit. That's all.
Old
Girl, I know how crazy brain works but listen to the DD....Shupthefurkuprightnow!.....You are GORGEOUS....And he sees it too!....Doubt he'd have taken his profile down or even still kick around if he didn't see that....FURTHERMORE!....Maybe Ms. Strip Bar was good to look at but nodda goin on elsewhere...YOU my dear are a total package....Relax, day at a time....You are wonderful........And I wish u much happiness.....
Old
I really wish I could thank comments here....

DD!!!
Old
I don't know you as well as DD, but who could top her comments anyway?

Good Luck!
Old
ditto what my tweeny said!!! good luck
Old
just take your time and trust yourself when I doubt seek counseling there are many to choose from.
Old
Just so ya know, she dumped him because he had a Fleshlight and didn't floss..........

Recent Blog Entries by Ally