Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > Skwerty

Rate this Entry

IF (a moody but gentle rant)

Posted 05-08-2015 at 09:30 PM by Skwerty
It was a moody day. And that was just the weather. A greatly missed friend of mine from my hometown had posted a picture of the view from his office window. Not like my view from mine, which is of the parking lot, his was much more dramatic. You see, his "office" is a helicopter, and his view was of an angry sky that was about to fiercely wash his office windows. It was moody also because the comments focussed on the forthcoming general election and how "the bastards" had already cut their operating budgets meaning more work for less of them. They totally missed the fact that their privileged view every day would be swapped in a heartbeat by thousands, if not millions, of others. The anti-bastards had the opportunity to correct these wrongs by fighting an election battle based on their own positive messages but instead chose to focus on the negatives of the bastards. That made me moody too. As moody as the picture depicted. To get people to vote, the people need encouragement, a reason, and above all belief. So who can blame the fact that a whole third of the UK voting population displayed enough apathy not to vote on those people themselves when the main political messages should have given them a reason to get out and vote rather than an excuse not to bother? IF they had, the result could have been so much different. So my message is don't blame the bastards for voting the bastards back in. Blame the likes of Russell Brand who for ages encouraged people not to bother to vote because he reckons it won't make a difference. And their lack of votes did just that. It didn't make a difference in the end.
Total Comments 5

Comments

Old
Interesting but sounds kind of familiar also ... good job
Old
All the people that don't choose to use their voice when its time to vote shouldn't open their mouth when they realize what they end up with either! Totally agree.
Old
Thank goodness..finally a rant! Was counting on you, Skwerty. What would we do without the bastards?
Old
Mind if I play the equals game in your rant S?

Bastards = Conservatives

That about right? I like a rant with plenty of bastards involved
Old
You and I are of one mind. There is a website you can go on to determine how much your vote is worth, taking into consideration the majority of the sitting mp. Turns out my vote is worth about 0.1 of a vote.
The politics of my mp aren't mine, but does that mean I don't bother? No!! it makes me more likely to vote, to try to affect change. I would have made a difference in the next door constituency definitely. UKIP might not have got in....but voting reform is a different argument

Recent Blog Entries by Skwerty