Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs

Old

An Introverted Life Revisited

Posted 06-24-2017 at 12:25 AM by hikergeek
I discussed earlier some ideas expressed in a book on introverts and why it was okay. I didn't get into much of how my introversion has expressed itself during these past 60 years.

First and foremost is my choice of career. Engineers are very typically introverted (elsewhere I repeated the joke about telling the difference between an extroverted and introverted engineer). If most engineers were extroverted, my ability to function effectively would be hampered as I would be both uncomfortable...
The Invisible Man
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

More Introversion

Posted 06-10-2017 at 12:14 AM by hikergeek
Due to the backwards nature of blogs this might not make sense without a recap.

I recently read the book "Quiet the Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking". It has a different take on the introvert /extrovert dichotomy. For one, it talks about how the idea that the ideal behavior mode is considered extroversion in the western world and the consequences of that. There are many ideas in the book that expound on the notion that introversion is actually a good...
The Invisible Man
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

An Introverted Life

Posted 06-08-2017 at 10:58 PM by hikergeek
As may be obvious from my posts I am rather introverted. And from reading the Myers-Briggs threads I know I am far from alone here on that score. In fact, it's almost a job requirement for an engineer. Let me repeat a joke I have heard. How can you tell an introverted engineer from an extroverted engineer? Answer, the extroverted engineer looks at your shoes when they talk to you.

I don't know how other introverts see themselves, but I know that it feels like being a freak relative...
The Invisible Man
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Being an Older Dad

Posted 05-25-2017 at 11:44 PM by hikergeek
If you read some of my early posts you would know I became a dad for the first time at 47. I won't get into here why the spouse was willing to possibly get pregnant. The fact she did at age 42 was definitely a surprise to me, I had already given up hope that I would be a father. Anyway, my daughter ended up being 8 weeks premature and spent 4 weeks in the NICU. That was to have ramifications for many years and may still be factoring into issues she has.

But that is not the point of...
The Invisible Man
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Once more into the breach

Posted 05-20-2017 at 11:17 PM by hikergeek
I promised to add more to this narrative, but haven't really been in the mood. Plus, from reading some of the Gold Club threads, I am less inclined to share more details for fear of being judged harshly.

Anyway, going back in time to well before my middle schooler was born the spouse started to become more difficult. On a couple of occasions she slugged me and screamed at me for reasons I don't even recall. Now, let me interrupt, you had better believe in the intervening time I have...
The Invisible Man
Posted in Uncategorized