Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs

Old

The Magic Age of 60

Posted 07-22-2017 at 12:06 AM by hikergeek
There is a thread titled "The magic age of 40". While that thread, as I recall, is focused on the shift in what age of the opposite sex you find attractive as you age this post is different.

I think when we are younger we look at older people with a certain paradigm. I was no different, and certainly thought my grandparents were ancient when they were in their sixties. But, now that hit 60 I have a very different experience. As I have posted elsewhere, I do not feel 60,...
The Invisible Man
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

On Being Invisible

Posted 07-16-2017 at 10:21 PM by hikergeek
I am sure I am not the only one that feels this way, but I often get treated like I am not even here. It reminds me of a scene from the movie"Little Big Man" with Dustin Hoffman. In the movie Dustin Hoffman and his native American 'grandfather' are in their village while an attack by soldiers is going on. The soldiers do not see them and the grandfather says he has never been invisible before. And that's what it feels like, there but unseen.

It happens in customer service...
The Invisible Man
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Life is like.....

Posted 07-01-2017 at 10:53 PM by hikergeek
I have had this idea rattling around my mind for a while. You have probably heard things like life is like a bowl of cherries or life is like a box of chocolates (thanks Forest Gump). But, I have a different analogy. Maybe life is like a subway. Think about it, when you get on the subway there is a bunch of people already there for the ride. At each station some people get out while others get on. Eventually, if you are on the train long enough, few if any people that were on when you got on are...
The Invisible Man
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

An Introverted Life Revisited

Posted 06-24-2017 at 12:25 AM by hikergeek
I discussed earlier some ideas expressed in a book on introverts and why it was okay. I didn't get into much of how my introversion has expressed itself during these past 60 years.

First and foremost is my choice of career. Engineers are very typically introverted (elsewhere I repeated the joke about telling the difference between an extroverted and introverted engineer). If most engineers were extroverted, my ability to function effectively would be hampered as I would be both uncomfortable...
The Invisible Man
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

More Introversion

Posted 06-10-2017 at 12:14 AM by hikergeek
Due to the backwards nature of blogs this might not make sense without a recap.

I recently read the book "Quiet the Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking". It has a different take on the introvert /extrovert dichotomy. For one, it talks about how the idea that the ideal behavior mode is considered extroversion in the western world and the consequences of that. There are many ideas in the book that expound on the notion that introversion is actually a good...
The Invisible Man
Posted in Uncategorized