Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs

Old

Security

Posted 06-07-2017 at 10:34 PM by redcat
When I hear the words "security blanket", I always think of a blanket, in the physical sense, and the comfort it can bring.

Nope.

Pull a thread or two from a security blanket and you might notice it. Pull a few dozen and you know it has a vulnerability, but there's enough strength left to get the job done.

But when you rip a hole in it, you know there's no going back. No matter how many patches, how many seams, it will never be the same....
Forum Leader
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Hung the Moon

Posted 04-19-2016 at 10:52 AM by redcat
She had always loved him, that man who hung the moon.
But he left and she didnít know why.

She waited and hoped for his return,
Wondering if a time would come again.

He was with her in her daydreams,
Sharing life and laughter with her.

He told her of his love for her,
But he just couldnít be there.

Through the years there would be a day here or two there,
Days spent together when all was right with the...
Forum Leader
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Guardian Angel

Posted 01-19-2016 at 10:24 PM by redcat
Six months ago, we were fortunate not to have lost our son in the motorcycle accident.

Three days ago, it was another close call. He's an OTR trucker, driving his own rig. While on a run, the heater in the front of his cab quit working....not comfortable when you're in below zero weather. So, he stops for the night in MN and bought a heater he could plug into the power port.

Plugging it in to get the truck's sleeper area warmed up, he decided to sit in the driver's...
Forum Leader
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I Believe

Posted 09-28-2015 at 09:22 PM by redcat
Updated 09-28-2015 at 11:20 PM by redcat
June 25th was a Thursday. How do I know? That evening I heard the ringtone I set for my daughter-in-law and smiled as I picked up and said "hi".

I didn't smile again for several days.

What I heard on the other end of the call was unintelligible...then, in the background, I heard a woman's voice saying, "he's breathing....he's breathing".

After calming my DIL and getting her to take a deep breath, she told me she and my son had been...
Forum Leader
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Drifting

Posted 05-13-2015 at 10:50 PM by redcat
In Oct '12, when my dad died, most of the famiiy was able to get together at his house, to celebrate his life. It was a good day - seeing family and sharing memories. We'll be doing that again this weekend...remembering my stepmom.

I seem to be more emotional now than I was at Dad's passing. Maybe it's the length of the illness or maybe it's because, in many ways, I was closer to her than my dad.

I didn't grow up with her as 'mother'; in fact, I was already married...
Forum Leader
Posted in Uncategorized