Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs

Old

Novels and Authors

Posted 10-14-2018 at 09:22 PM by hikergeek
I am writing this because I wanted to give a much lengthier explanation than I could in a post or wall message.

I have several authors I have really enjoyed reading over the years. I mean to the point if exhausting or nearly so the author’s published works. For the 20th century I have two: Jack London and F. Scott Fitzgerald. Coincidentally enough both succumbed to alcoholism and passed away in their 40s which now seems way too young. Yet they both wrote a lot. My favorite London...
The Invisible Man
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A few thoughts about ‘How old are we’

Posted 10-07-2018 at 06:06 AM by hikergeek
If you noticed the thread our own (and my good friend) Greek god started on how old we are you then you know I recently did my own assessment on it. I was curious as to the relative ages of the two genders for active members. Because I already posted the results of that numerical evaluation I won’t reiterate it here. Instead, i want to focus on the other impressions i had from my data collection effort. You might ask what I could possibly have learned from going through the members list and pulling...
The Invisible Man
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Thanks to she that reads

Posted 09-22-2018 at 06:33 PM by hikergeek
This is a short blog and really meant for only one person to read (you know who you are).

I sincerely appreciate that you read my blog. I would otherwise feel like I was writing for the empty air. I do wish a few others would read it but so be it. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart (and the top as well). Btw my friends list had plenty of room if you change your mind!

Told you it was short.

And by tradition, thanks for reading...
The Invisible Man
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Thoughts by a campfire

Posted 08-28-2018 at 10:43 PM by hikergeek
As a few here know I was on an overnight backpacking trip this past weekend. I have been in others since joining this soirée but I am usually too exhausted at the end of the day to think about this place. This time, while sitting by my campfire that overlooked a large Adirondack pond, my mind wandered to my friends here. When I go backpacking I am always solo. This never bothers me while I am walking and the occasional other hikers takes care of any need for human contact. But at night, sitting...
The Invisible Man
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Fathers Day

Posted 06-25-2018 at 09:13 PM by hikergeek
Updated 06-26-2018 at 05:42 AM by hikergeek
I thought I would share my experiences on the Fathers Day just passed.

A brief summary:

The day started with a pancake breakfast, the daughter and I ate pancakes in the morning together. After that the dog and I went for a nature walk for a couple of hours in a nearby state park. I hesitate to call it a hike because the park is only a couple of miles from where I work and it’s not particularly large. After that the daughter and I went to lunch and then made a trip...
The Invisible Man
Posted in Uncategorized