Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > Stew

Rate this Entry

The Cabin

Posted 07-17-2014 at 12:38 AM by Stew
The Cabin

As I pull up to the cabin, I visually take in all that is possible. Happy to arrive, and to see that it is as I had left it. I open the door, enter and that feeling of peace and satisfaction flows over me. I toss my pack on the floor and I give myself a few minutes to relax. Yep, itís good to be back.
Time to get a fire going and get rid of any dampness. Lots of kindling and wood stocked in the porch as rule #1 is to be sure that is done before you leave. The crackling of the fire and the glow it casts through the glass door definitely warms the soul.
I take my Grandfatherís rocking chair out onto the deck and place it where he did many times. I sit down, open a beer, and look out over the lake.
I miss him.
The cabin, a getwaway, a place for relaxation and reflection, a place to reset yourself.
Total Comments 8

Comments

Old
Wow Stewie...I didn't know you had this in you! I want to go with you to your cabin. It sounds so lovely & nostalgic. I can almost smell the wood burning in the fireplace and hear the crackling of the wood. Got an extra rocking chair? Or a settee for two? I'll join you.
Old
The family cabin..don't we all wish we had a place like this? This piece makes it easier to see why you are the mellow man you seem to be. Thanks, Stew..for bringing class to the blogs again..your writing is like a meditation. So soothing.
Updated 07-17-2014 at 09:57 AM by hijiller
Old

cabins are great

we built our cabin ( chalet) in 2004. It has 18 feet ceiling in the family room with a wood burning stove with glass door . Our cat lays in front of it keeping warm in the winter. We have 3 acres of pine trees and large oak trees. I love splitting the oak wood-it smells great. we have deer and turkeys come to eat corn in the winter. Best investment I ever made. It only has 2 bedrooms but it has been a great weekend getaway. we have a fake bear rug too. Nice for making love when kids are not there.
Posted 07-17-2014 at 11:22 AM by Doctor Dreamy 50 Doctor Dreamy 50 is offline
Old
Sounds an idyllic place to relax and recharge, Stew.
Old
Thanks. Love it
Old
Thanks for sharing your private space with us Stew, it was nice to read and even better to be there I'm sure.
Old
Stew, PM GPS location, so I can dream. Is there an indoor toilet? And I suppose no satellite TV? I could do without that. Watching you fish, taking museum quality photos would be better.
Old
Sounds like paradise to me. Thanks for sharing, Stew.

Recent Blog Entries by Stew