Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs

Old

Fyi

Posted 12-31-2017 at 09:00 PM by hikergeek
Sometimes hopes and wishes go unfulfilled, sometimes circumstances just donít work out and a person has to cut their losses. This is one of those times and so I leave here for a time until the burden can be borne again. Funny how a person can come here to try to make sense of a bad situation, because their real life becomes beyond bearing and then find themselves one day finding heartbreak here too. So, to the friends I have made here, thank you until I am able to return one day. Wish me well.
Thread Rescuer
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Wondering

Posted 12-18-2017 at 09:27 AM by hikergeek
Updated 12-31-2017 at 08:53 PM by hikergeek
There is an issue that I have been wondering about for awhile now. Based on the times it has happened to other members I wonder about dealing with online friends suddenly having unfortunate events taking them away (e.g., accidents or health events). These very distressing occurrences are understandably tough on the people left behind. But, the really tough part, from my perspective, is the not knowing what happened and possibly not being able to find out for a long period of time.

Thread Rescuer
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Thread Terminator

Posted 10-30-2017 at 08:18 PM by hikergeek
I wonder how many of you noticed my self given title? Maybe you wondered why I chose it? Well, just look at the threads in various forums I frequent. Often I am the last one to post in a thread , often lasting for weeks or sometimes months at a time. Given that I have only been here for seven months at this point I havenít gotten to years yet (and I know there are many dead threads around with names of people long gone). Anyway, today looking around at all those moribund threads with my name on...
Thread Rescuer
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Random Thoughts

Posted 09-08-2017 at 10:29 PM by hikergeek
This is just a collection of random thoughts without necessarily any theme to it.

The most dangerous part of any hike or backpack trip is the drive to/from the trailhead. I have had deer run out in front of me, a bear even ran out in front of a car just ahead of me once. I have had more close calls on driving than hiking.

Still on hiking, I am the most anxious before a hike than during it. I sometimes get very 'cold feet' just before that I have to remind myself that...
Thread Rescuer
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Big Bang Theory and me

Posted 08-18-2017 at 11:00 PM by hikergeek
You read the title and are thinking, oh he is going to write about how much he likes the TV show, or this is going to be about The 'big bang'. Well neither are correct although this does involve the tv show.

Have you ever watched a movie or tv program that had characters in your profession? Certainly you have if you are a Dr, lawyer or police officer. But, there are not a lot of movies or tv shows with engineers. I am leaving out Star Trek and the like because they are not depicting...
Thread Rescuer
Posted in Uncategorized