Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs

Sadly, weíve lost one of our own. Longtime member sassynsweet has passed away after a heroic one year battle with pancreatic cancer. The courage and tenacity she showed throughout this horrid disease was an inspiration to me and I was so thankful she allowed me into her personal life to share her ups and downs. She was one of my best friends in life even though we never met. We shared a common bond with both our moms parallel path of decline over the course of 4 years. In fact, they died within two months of one another.
Most of you never knew sassy as she hasnít been on the site very much the last year but for those of you who crossed paths with her over the years please take a moment and think back to the witty, humorous, profound and profane posts she made, smile and raise a glass and celebrate her life. She was definitely a one of a kind. Iíll miss her.
Old

How Lucky I Am

Posted 09-01-2011 at 12:54 PM by bryan3636
This is my first and probably my only blog but I'm thinking it might be theraputic to put pen to paper, so to speak.

My mom passed away on Tuesday. It was a little over 8 years since she was diagnosed, which in Alzheimer's years, is a lifetime. It's such an insidious disease. How it, ever so slowly, robs its victim of thought, memory and eventually how to perform the simplest of tasks. To watch a little bit of them disappear with each passing day is cruel to see but there's...
A legend in my own mind
Posted in Uncategorized