Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > Stew

Rate this Entry

Fishing

Posted 03-14-2015 at 04:22 PM by Stew
It's still dark when I pull up in the truck. I open the tailgate and take out my gear for the day. My rod, wading stick, and my pack loaded down with the days supplies. Check through the pack to be sure I have everything I need, then sit on the tailgate to finish my morning coffee. It's amazing how still everything is at that time of the day. All sounds seem amplified as the world is waking up all around, and the sky is starting to slowly brighten.
I sling the pack over my shoulder, grab my rod and wading stick and start off down the trail. Its about a 10 minute walk to the river. The dew is heavy on the grass beneath my feet and on the branches that reach out into the trail. Its not too dark to make out the trail so I decide to not use the headlight, and it makes the walk much more enjoyable for some reason. My thoughts turn to the river, wondering what this morning will bring. As I near the river, my anticipation grows, hoping that a few salmon will be laying in the pools just waiting for that fly to be presented to them in such a way that will satisify them to strike.
The trail starts to steepen and through the trees I catch a glimpse of the river. I make my way down to the beach, lay down my pack, and take in the beauty of the morning. A misty fog hangs over the water and sticks to the river up and down the valley. The sun is slowly starting to peak its nose over the hill to the east and its warm rays cut through the morning veil.
I sit on a rock, take out my fly case, pick out a favorite fly to try, and smile.
Total Comments 10

Comments

Old
You went fishing without me!!!!
: I wondered where you were... it sounds wonderful Stew... tranquil and beautiful...
Quote:
It's amazing how still everything is at that time of the day. All sounds seem amplified as the world is waking up all around, and the sky is starting to slowly brighten.
soaking in the stillness is soul food...
Old
How many, of what kind, did you catch? Sure sounds like a good day!
Old
be a man and go rock fishing. . I've never fished in a pond.
Old
I don't fish, but your words make me sort of wish I did.
Old
Ah, reprising a great one..time to get to work on your next prize winner. Contest details coming end of March.
Old
Maybe do one on Snowmobiling........
Old
Just to be clear..........it was a river, not a pond..........
Old
That was totally clear..i could hear the current.

Snowmobiling sounds great, but Katy is making it so complicated i have a blog contest headache.
Old
That is an awesome fishing trip ... so peaceful !
Old
a perfect get away

Recent Blog Entries by Stew