Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > Heart

Rate this Entry

Institute of Children's Literature

Posted 01-17-2009 at 11:02 AM by Heart
Okay....so I sent in one of my blogs...."To Bathe Or Not To Bathe" as a sample of my writing to the Institute of Children's Literature. I also filled out their writing apitude test and a few other essays just for shits and giggles.

I received a package with an acceptance letter and assigned to an instructor should I choose to try out their courses. I've done some research on them and I feel they are legit. I'm just not one to take a step of faith in a direction such as this. Should I do this I can earn up to 6 hours of college credit AND as I'm a teacher there may be a tax deduction that I can take advantage of. The fee is not extravagant but I do have the worries of being on my own soon and finances are very scary.

Should I do this I will be working on 10 essays, a magazine manuscript of up to 1500 words suitable to submit to a publisher or one book manuscript of up to 8000 words to submit to a publisher, a nonfiction article for younger readers, three story outlines targeted towards a specific age, and reading of many different types of writing books.

This would be a great way for me to dive into something to keep my mind off of things. But I'm very scared about that leap of faith I mentioned earlier. I really do not feel that I can write without the additional help of another reading what I'm putting on paper and also someone to assist me in the means of publishing.

Perhaps what I'm saying is that I do not have the confidence to do this?
Total Comments 0

Comments

Recent Blog Entries by Heart