Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > choices

I am going to give this blogging thing a try......

I have been abused, beaten, raped, neglected, tortured and hurt but not broken. That is not who I am though. I will not let that define who I am. I may come across as sappy and nice, too nice to some. That is ok by me. That is who I choose to be. I have the dark dark cloud deep inside me, and I choose everyday not to let it out, but fight it with sunshine. How do you feel after 5 days of dark clouds, and no sun! Pretty damn grouchy! And the sun comes out, bammo wammo the world is right again! Seeing others laugh and smile is what makes me happy.

I will admit, the sarcasm is lost on me. I don't know maybe it was one of the things beaten out of me. I want to be the person people feel comfortable being around, not the one people are scare of because a wet blanket was just thrown over them. I am grateful to be alive, and I want to spread that around. Every single person needs to see the good, even if it is a tiny little ray of sunshine, let it in! Life is way to short to be dwelling on the past! The past is done, not a damn thing you can do to change it. Today is the gift, unwrap it and enjoy!!!!!

I sometimes feel like an old twangy country song, but that ok! It is just time for me to get away, unplug and set my world right again. That is what a vacation is for, so off to enjoy my vacation!!

well more sap, but i did try, and it kinda felt good, might just do it again one day!
Rate this Entry

Inspired

Posted 09-19-2018 at 10:23 AM by Atrebla Rose
There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen

Yesterday, my sister and I took my mom and we went on a road trip. We had some errands to do and I bought them lunch. I was one of the best days we have had with my mom. At the end of the trip she asked us to come in, one to help fix her chair, and two she presented each of us with this beautiful picture with the above quote. I read it and immediately tears sprang to my eyes. She was prepared as always to wrap her arms around me. She knows! She nods, she wipes the tear!

I know what dark feels like, I don't like going there. I avoid it with everything I am. It is very easy to wallow in the darkness. It can become a very comfortable place. I know it is not a good place, and it is a place to be avoided at all cost. This saying is what I have tried to live my life by. We all just need to find the crack, everything has it, and once the light gets in, magic begins to happen.

Everyday is a struggle, everything worth fighting for is work, hard work! Nothing in this world is free, everything is earned through work, and effort. The payoffs are very rewarding. Amazing. Wonderful.

I was born to be a Leo, I was born to worship the Sun, I was born to be a giver, I was born to pick myself up no matter what!

Life is to be lived, life it to be loved, life is worth living, and life is worth the effort. Life is a cruel thing, it will knock you down, it will drain you, it will disappoint you. You are what makes the difference. You have the choice to let the light in and get back on those beautiful feet and fight for what you want, need. Life is for the taking. Take it back!

To many dwell on the past, seriously, I know the past is important, get to look back, give a wave, remember good times, learn from the bad time. But Why carry it around! Can you change one thing? No! If we put half as much effort struggling under the weight of the past, into moving forward, the world would be such a wonderful place.

To each and everyone I wish you the light, to penetrate the crack that is within us all and in all things!

Let the light in and live!

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen
Total Comments 5

Comments

Old
Let there be light.
Old
I love your outlook. <3
Old
And that's how your light shines out for us too, Rose. Thanks for sharing your story.
Old
I really wish I could adopt your attitude! Sometimes, the past consumes me and there's nothing I can do about it. Good for you, Atrebla Rose!
Old
You my friend are amazing and wonderful. I love you

Recent Blog Entries by Atrebla Rose