Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > Runner guy

Rate this Entry

The Journey of Self Improvement

Posted 01-05-2018 at 08:38 PM by Runner guy
In 2007, I embarked on a journey of self improvement. I was 42 years old and was feeling unhealthy and nervous about my future life. I picked up an advertisement for a local running road race because I always wanted to run a road race and thought 5 months was enough time to train for it. Next step was to make an appointment at the local gym to get a physical assessment to see how out of shape my body was. The results were disappointing but I wasnít at all surprised. I joined the gym, hired a personal trainer and signed up for a 5K race. Training started out rough, couldnít run more than 5 minutes on the treadmill. I couldnít even do 2 push-ups !

Over the next few years I tried to increase my mileage but was constantly injured. I guess my body didnít like running. I spent a lot of money on chiropractor and massage therapy. I was ready to quit and realized that I need to put more effort into making my body stronger and experiencing injuries also makes you stronger. I worked hard and three years later I ran my first half marathon.

Fast forward to 2017. I joined a triathlon club and completed my first ever half Iron Man which is 2K swim, 94K bike and 21.1K run. The members from my club are amazing and very supportive with knowledge and encouragement. I also ran my first full marathon 42.2K in November. I never thought I was capable of doing it.

2018 is going to be an incredible year. I signed up to compete in a full Iron Man in August. 4K swim, 180K bike and a full marathon. I have 17 hours to complete the race. Itís all about the journey.

Anything is possible.
Total Comments 6

Comments

Old
You are incredibly inspirational. It truly is amazing what someone can do when they put their heart and mind into it. Go kick some ass!
Old
Awesome!
Old
Congratulations!
Old
Kudos!
Old
Proof that it can be done with hard work and some motivation.

I hope 2018 brings everything you hope for
Old
Wishing you the best of luck with your Iron Man race next month!!!

Recent Blog Entries by Runner guy