Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > Bits Of Me

Just a lil bit of my nonsense. If you are looking for something deep and meaningful, you've come to the wrong place!
Rate this Entry

Camping :)

Posted 07-09-2008 at 09:00 AM by Torin
This weekend I went camping with the hubs and my two toddlers, along with my parents and siblings, and their families. 6 tents in all, and about 20 people. It was pretty damn fun, honestly. Well, except for a few things that are kinda funny now...

~ Anytime you start to set up your tent and it starts raining so hard that you literally can't see the spikes anymore... that might be the divine's way of telling you to go home. I slipped and busted my ass so many times in the mud... it is still uncomfortable to walk. Apparently, a tent can make a GREAT impromptu slip and slide. Who knew??

~ My kids. OMG... my kids. 2 boys... mud... fire... rain... fish... a lake... a boat... a frazzled mommy. I really don't care if they get dirty... I know that is part of the whole package. But when I have to figure out a way to get them clean enough to go to sleep and keep them that way from the bath house to the tent... wow. I just CAN'T let them sleep covered in mud. It goes against some kind of elemental instict. So, I ended up walking about half a mile carrying them both... about 90 lbs of toddler... kicking and screaming to get down and play. Yeah, it was a blast, lemme tell ya.

It was a great trip, tho... WAY more happy moments than stressful ones. The looks on their lil dirty faces when they would catch a fish... seeing the other adults gasp in horror when they would leap off of a dock into 6 foot water, with no floaties and swim to the beach (they swim like fish!).... roasting marshmallows, going for long walks with my mom and my sisters... it was just packed full of the type of moments that make you want to freeze time to enjoy them longer, ya know?

Total Comments 7

Comments

Old
So glad you had such a great time in such a beautiful place girlfriend! Your happiness is catching!
Old
It sounds like you really enjoyed it. Glad you had fun!
Posted 07-09-2008 at 11:01 AM by private beaches private beaches is offline
Old
Muddy boys camping... it really does not get any better than that does it? ... So glad you had a great time ... cherished memories, i still remember camping with my dad.. some of the coolest times a boy can have
Old
You have me motivated to schedule a camping trip!!! Thanks!
Old
That's a gorgeous picture Torin! We've had a couple camping adventures already this summer, and I can't wait to go again. Although, our camping trips don't sound near as fun as yours did! I've got two little girls, and they are such girlie girls. They hate to be dirty! I was so the opposite of them when I was little. I loved to get dirty....still do. LOL!
Anyway....I'm glad you and the family had a wonderful time!!
Old
Sounds like a blast Torin, camping can be a real joyful adventure but it is also a lot of work. The dirt is everywhere and in everything when you get home....do enjoy.
Old
Awwwww...now that is my kind of vacation. So happy for you Torin...I could so see you carrying them kicking and screaming the whole way! Definately the moments you cherish forever...way to go!!!

Recent Blog Entries by Torin