Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > MontanaTexan

Rate this Entry

Moving to Montana

Posted 07-03-2013 at 02:12 AM by MontanaTexan
I was born and raised in central Texas. I grew up on a ranch with horses and cattle. Yes I wore boots and a cowboy hat. I went to UT Austin and graduated with a BA in History. Over the years I realized Texas has changed a lot and its not the place I wanted to raise my kids.

After discussing it with my wife we decided to live an adventure and move to Montana. Although I love it here there are some challenges. The pay is half what it was in Texas. The cost of living is slightly higher. There is no property taxes which is great as Texas property taxes are extremely high. There is no sales taxes but there is an income tax. Jobs are hard to come by here, but after moving we both found employment within a month.

The weather so far has been great except for a recent heat wave. I have not experienced a Montana winter yet so well see how I feel about that in January.

I am living in the Flathead Valley of Western Montana. I love it and really could not be happier. The people have been great and the region is both beautiful and not overpopulated.

I am trying to live my life to its fullest which is why I suppose I am here on this site.

Total Comments 11

Comments

Old
Thanks for sharing....you are so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world.
Old
Great blog....Congrats on the move....I bet it's gorgeous....And welcome again to the site
Old
Wow...must be wonderful to live in a such a beautiful area, even with it's challenges
Old
I love adventures. I can't wait to experience it with you. Please keep posting and I can't wait to hear what winter is like there.
Old
montana, thanks for sharing the story, to date. Congrats on both of you finding employment so quickly. Good luck with the winter...be sure to put long johns (lots) on your list for Santa.

I hope you'll post some pics as you discover different areas. Have fun....here, and there.
Old
Great that you enjoy it in Montana and hope it is all you hope it to be. I have been there twice and it is one of the most beautiful places. Good luck in your adventure. And welcome again!
Old
Congrats on the move. Will be very interested on your opinion after your first winter. And admit it, the real reason you left Texas is that they just couldn't beat OU in football....Go Sooners!!! LMAO
Updated 07-05-2013 at 12:46 AM by bryan3636
Old
You bastard.
Old
Glad you're here
Old
I almost moved there 2 years ago from Wyoming (originally from TX) but roll of the die and came to Wisconsin.
Happy Hunting
Old
You'll find the winters are beautiful. You'd definitely better be prepared for the cold though. Northern Montana, especially up where you are gets hit hard. I love winter here, it's beautiful, cleansing, brutal, but honest. Welcome to Big Sky country!

Recent Blog Entries by MontanaTexan