Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > ScaredyĆat

Rate this Entry

should cinderfella go to the ball in her ball gown ?

Posted 05-08-2014 at 09:53 AM by ScaredyĆat
Updated 05-08-2014 at 10:00 AM by ScaredyĆat
Strange title I know but this is one of those moments that come up in life where a side had to be chosen carefully and reasons given why.

I'll keep the important details to myself but share one of those moments in the interest of debate.

So someone i am very close to who was born a boy but is a girl on the inside had this one dream.

A simple dream really but one that came with a lot of possible heartaches along the way.

She wanted to go to her prom in a dress. That was it. Same as every little girl she dreamed of walking through that door and Bathing in her tiny princess moment.

She didn't care if it only lasted a few minutes and she might have to go home again because of bullying or ridicule she just wanted her moment.

Luckily for her she had full support of all her family. Siblings, parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles and so when 'He' turned 16 he began the long process to becoming 'She'.

Prom was to be her official coming out. It Would be the first time her peers and classmates would meet 'Her'.

Arrangements were made, dresses were tried on ( with grandparents along to advise )
A beautician was booked to help with the necessary transformation of hair and nails.

I should point out that at this time she was still attending school as a boy. She had begun to receive the shots that would stop her male hormones but it would be another year and a half before she really started to get her female figure.
Her closest friends were all aware and had already begun to use her female name.
She had received the necessary papers to change her name and her passport and the school were aware that she would be attending her last year as a girl. They had even arranged for a Q&A session with her peers so they were all aware and had a chance to understand.

All was set until .... The head teacher of the school informed her mum there was no way she could attend the prom in a dress. They just couldn't do that, if she went to prom it would be in a suit and they wouldn't stand for any outlandish dress code either.
( we may have suggested a pink suit in protest )

She was heartbroken. Absolutely beside herself as her dream shattered.
She was told ' it would be unfair on the other students ' it would 'spoil their night ' ...

Her parents were devastated and of course confided in other family members

One family member then shocked the rest by saying she agreed ... She felt this 16 year old was opening herself up to ridicule and should in fact continue to dress as a boy until her female hormones kicked it.

Now as things turned out the very pupils whom the headmaster said it would not be fair on ... they immediately got together and they signed petitions. Made phonecalls. Wrote letters .... Every single boy and girl in her class stood up and supported her.
Within only a few hours the judgment was changed.

Cinderfella would be allowed to go to the ball and not only that but she now knew she would have nothing to fear on the night as everyone was aware and prepared for and in full support of her.

So I came away from this experience learning that no matter what you are up against if you have love and support you can overcome almost anything.

Teenagers should never be underestimated.

And finally wondering how many people would have agreed that she should continue to dress as a boy until her female hormones kicked in.
Total Comments 7

Comments

Old
And we are off and running! Fabulous blog. And of course I vote that she be a she whenever she wants. I enjoy being a girl.
Old
If she feels supported and comfortable going in a gown, then I think she should go in a gown. If only to walk in and feel how it feels to be pretty in front of her peers. She's probably not take it off the rest of the night.

So happy she has a supportive family and friends
Old
That's a lovely true life fairy tale. Wonderful to hear that classmates stood up for their friend. Good for them. And good for her.
Old
Just when you think all teenagers are assholes, they surprise you.
Great blog!
Old
Amazing story, and it is heartwarming to know that the next generation is taking a giant leap forward and maybe the world is going to end up in a better place.
Old
glad everyone rallied round and Cinderfella got to go to the ball
Old
This was a wonderful blog....Great job!

Recent Blog Entries by ScaredyĆat