Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > Just A Girl

Rate this Entry

I know this may shock you....

Posted 05-30-2017 at 09:46 PM by Just A Girl
I am an introvert. I'm not shy but I relish, savor and refuel on my alone time. Chit chat is fine in small doses but too much makes me uncomfortable.
This has caused some issues with friends and family over the years. The people who know me well know that my need for solitude is no reflection on them but I'm not so oblivious that I can't understand the frustration.
This caused a lot of issues when my hubs and I were first married. He took my need to make down time personally. We had many a throw down. Now he gives me my space daily, even if it's just to go upstairs and leave me to read.
I'm thankful and beyond blessed to have great people in my life that understand me. I am sincerely sorry if my sometimes distance has ever offended the people I care about.
To my tribe that loves me and never allow time or distance to hinder our friendships, this one's for you.
Total Comments 10

Comments

Old
This!! Yes.

I think many people confuse (including myself at one time) introvert with withdrawn.

I draw energy from quiet, being alone and then give energy in a social situation. I don't thrive unless I have the solitude. I love being social (and oooh I can party) but it takes a toll.

I'm glad you have people in your life that get it. I find that having extroverted friends who draw out certain aspects and yet understand that sometimes I need to just chill are rare and wonderful.
Old
You kno I getcha Boo...We're so much alike. I go into my turtle shell also...

That's why u and me are like peas n carrots

Love you!....
Old
I think a lot of us are the same as you. We enjoy our alone time to refuel. With my hubs new job is perfect as much as I love and adore him I also want my space my alone time. I lost a few friends cause I didn't answer a text quick enough or take a call. I try to level my life out. I enjoy my family and friends time, but I need me locked in a room time also.Hugs sweetie..Luv ya
Old
Hey sweet thing I'm the same ,with me it's more of a winding down process ,I do here where your coming from .
It's your refueling bit that's for me intreaged ,how much re,fueling do you do a night ????
Old
I know exactly what you mean by needing alone time. Time to simply be.
Old
Same here. While I can be quite extroverted at times, it comes in bursts. Much of the time I need solitude to reflect & recharge to stay in touch with my inner self. My dogs are my best friends.
Old
Profound & so valid & true. One of my sisters whom I'm closest to is like you & this philosophy of silent downtime is invaluable to me... through her I learnt to appreciate it & value it.
Old
It's no secret I am very introverted. And I have encountered people that take it for being stuck up or unfriendly when neither is true. I recently read a book that basically says it is okay to be introverted and actually has many advantages over extroversion. So you just keep doing what you have been doing and be yourself.
Old
I understand this more than I'd like to admit..
Old
I lost someone I thought could become a good friend here because I was impatient with her. I hope I learned my lesson and won't ever make that mistake with you. If I do, feel free to pop me one. :P

Recent Blog Entries by Just A Girl