Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > The Ponderance of Life and Existence

The title is a nod to one of my favorite albums of all time. The Bliss Album by PM Dawn. This is where I'll share some of my thoughts and words. Some of it will be new, other things will be transcribed from one of my many notebooks. I hope you find enjoyment in what I have to say.
Rate this Entry

Salutations and Clarifications

Posted 08-27-2012 at 11:46 PM by Janus
So here I am. I needed somewhere to jot down my non-sequiturs, fashion advice, and poor attempts at beat poetry. Sure, I'll hit on other topics as well. I've been told I write a pretty mean narrative, so maybe I'll throw in some of that as well.

But first, let's get into a little bit about Janus. . .

No, Janus is not my real name. And no, Janus has nothing to do with anus. Janus is the Roman god of beginnings and transitions. The month of January is named after him. He is quite often considered the most important of the Roman deities, right up there with Jupiter. I chose to make the parallel with him because I find myself at my own transition, maybe even a new beginning. So, hence the name.

I joined this community because I wanted to. I'm in a marriage that subsists on financial co-dependency and meaningless sex. At the very least, it's nice to find a place on this Internet where there are people like me, suffering through the same problems and dealing with the same issues.

I am a bit of a hipster, yes. I am also a bit of a metrosexual. I haven't strayed fully down either of those paths, which is probably why I don't really totally connect with those sub-cultures. In the end, I'm just me and I'm comfortable with that.

In any case, that's enough about me for now. I hope you find my words interesting. I also hope you find the man behind the words just as interesting.
Total Comments 5

Comments

Old
Welcome again....I liked this, we have some commonalities
Old
Nice that you are comfortable with who you are. Many people are not and therefore do not enjoy life as they should.
Posted 08-28-2012 at 09:48 AM by Simply_Suthern Simply_Suthern is offline
Old
it's nice to meet you Janus.. welcome..
Old
Intresting, welcome again!
Old
Enjoyed reading this - welcome!