Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs

Old

Second guessing

Posted 07-11-2018 at 09:21 AM by Just A Girl
I constantly second guess myself. Some of it is a character flaw. Parts of it are the scars left from the many narcissists I've encountered in my life.
I've been doing some reading lately on the characteristics of a narcissist. Mostly because that word is used a lot and I wanted a more solid definition.
I've decided that my Dad, as much as I adored the man was a text book narcissist. When my parents were married and subsequently divorced, my family would always say "he'd...
The Notorious J.A.G.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

When Birds Fly

Posted 07-07-2018 at 09:55 PM by katydid
Updated 07-07-2018 at 10:29 PM by katydid
I never thought of myself as that mother who would be hearbroken when my children left me.

Daycare, kindergarten, sleepovers, even my forays into manic related escapes. All of that, I was a survivor. After all, to me, this was what I thought being a good parent was. Preparing your children for their own lives. Without you.

My children never clung to me. They had their needs and I took care of them. Loved them. Ardently even. Held their hards to keep them safe....
Lithium Rocks
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My Vent

Posted 07-03-2018 at 10:13 PM by gdgrl
I need a vent about now. I know that most of us in this place are private and for the most part, I keep to myself. I have used my blogs as an outlet and found some relief from it. I have friends, but there are times when you don't want to be Debbie Downer and this past year has found me there quite a bit. Even though I try to maintain my sanity and be upbeat, thinking tomorrow will be better. I had a lot of tomorrows pass me by.

I can honestly say this past year has been hell....
Follow me
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Grateful for cancer

Posted 07-01-2018 at 10:08 AM by disturbiagirl
I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer 10 years ago this month. After I fought that battle and won, I was told “this wasn’t the run-of-the-mill ovarian cancer, this was a sub-species and it has a 90% chance of coming back, if it does, it will kill you”.

I’ve lived with those words for 10 years, always in the back of my mind. I’ve also lived with a sense of urgency, to experience as much of life as I could afford (which honestly, wasn’t much…lol). I bought a supplemental cancer policy,...
💜PrincessHotLips💜
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Fathers Day

Posted 06-25-2018 at 09:13 PM by hikergeek
Updated 06-26-2018 at 05:42 AM by hikergeek
I thought I would share my experiences on the Fathers Day just passed.

A brief summary:

The day started with a pancake breakfast, the daughter and I ate pancakes in the morning together. After that the dog and I went for a nature walk for a couple of hours in a nearby state park. I hesitate to call it a hike because the park is only a couple of miles from where I work and it’s not particularly large. After that the daughter and I went to lunch and then made a trip...
Thread Rescuer
Posted in Uncategorized