Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs

Old

Joys of a Pipe.

Posted 12-30-2009 at 08:00 AM by Papa Chubby
Yes, I am a pipe and cigar smoker.

I hate cigarettes. Will not touch them. Not being judgmental to those that do smoke them, not at all. Its just not my thing.

I have been smoking a pipe since I was 15 years old, the only juvenile delinquent to do so that I knew of. Now with me aged 41, that's over 25 years.

I blame pipe smokes such as Tolkien and Lewis. Twain and Churchill. Karloff and Doyle. Men of great minds, minds that I could never match. How I wished...
Pro nonnullus somnium.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Random Thought Mutations...

Posted 12-29-2009 at 08:00 AM by Papa Chubby
The other night I was watching 'Poker After Dark' on DVR. What is so entertaining about 'Poker After Dark' is the table talk between the players. Now I know that some events wish to get rid of the table talk. BUT table talk is part of the game. The stories and prop bets and the digging for info and tells.

Now on that week of episodes one of the best Omaha Hi/Pot Limit players by the name of Robert Williamson was on. Now one point he brought up was how he still got Coke (For us in...
Pro nonnullus somnium.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

An Obsession!

Posted 12-28-2009 at 08:00 AM by Papa Chubby
There is an obsession I have to confess to...

...it does keep me up at night...

...and for the life of me I have no idea why.

It is a simple question, but I do not think anyone has an answer...

...the question is this:

"How can a crab have a daughter that's a whale?"

If this now keeps you up at night don't blame me. Your the one reading my blog...
Pro nonnullus somnium.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My Minnesota!

Posted 12-24-2009 at 08:00 AM by Papa Chubby
Sir Peter Ustinov spoke about 'HIS Russia', so I shall write of MY Minnesota.

I both love AND hate Minnesota. Yes, I think a true Minnesotan has both feelings, STRONG mind you, about our home. It is COLD in the winter. It is a dog froze to the fire-hydrant, tongue to the flag pole, nostrils froze together kinda cold. But the summers can be HOT. Not just Hot but humid. It is the kind of humid weather were you are drenched wet just opening your door, drowning to death walking to your...
Pro nonnullus somnium.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Worse Beer I Ever Had.

Posted 12-23-2009 at 08:00 AM by Papa Chubby
Back when the Micro Beer/Brew Pub craze was in it's full there came many new places to try crafted beer. Anyone who knows me knows that I HATE wimpy watered down pee water, especially if it has the word 'lite' in it. For me 'light' stands for the colour of the beer, not 'less filling'. I will write later on my views on proper drinking but this is not the time for that yet.

With this craze came a new brew pub called 'The Brew Station' that was located in Shakopee near Marshall Avenue
Pro nonnullus somnium.
Posted in Uncategorized