Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > disturbiagirl

Rate this Entry

I Felt You Today

Posted 04-01-2016 at 10:01 PM by disturbiagirl
Updated 04-02-2016 at 12:13 AM by disturbiagirl
Yesterday as I sat at my desk, I was suddenly overwhelmed by your presence and your perfume enveloped me. I wondered why you were here, what did it mean? Your visits don’t scare me anymore, like they once did, but they do make me curious and sometimes, nervous. I remember it was like that after my heart surgery, hooked up to all of those machines, high on morphine, still on a ventilator yet you overwhelmed me. I felt your hand on my shoulder, your voice in my head, encouraging me.

Gosh we used to have so much fun, I miss those days!! Remember the time we were driving down the interstate, listening to that comedian? We started laughing so hard that I had to pull the car over and stop because I couldn’t see for the tears??!!

Or how about the first time you drank Long Island Iced Tea? You drank so many, my God you were drunk and funny as Hell!!

All of our heart-to-hearts, we had such deep, personal conversations. You gave me a compliment many, many years ago, that to this day is the best compliment ever….when you said you wished you were more like me.

I regret that I couldn’t be the friend you needed me to be during your divorce, I just couldn’t take sides. I hope that over time you were able to forgive me, although I know you were resentful for a very long time.

For what it’s worth though, as bitter and ugly as that divorce was, Dad came to your funeral for us girls and told us that you died with dignity and he had a lot of respect for you for that.

So yesterday I felt you, smelled your unique, custom made perfume, and knew you were at my desk. And you were in my hospital room. And you've been in the car with me while I was cruising down the highway, more than a few times. Suddenly there for a few moments, then gone again. For fifteen years you continue to pop in and out, always announcing yourself in the same way. And always when you leave, I’m left with the same thought….I miss you Mom.
Total Comments 12

Comments

Old
She knows when you need her...in the tough times and to remember the good ones. You had a special relationship with her and I know you miss her lots! I'll share Ma with ya.

This is a beautiful remembrance. Love ya!
Old
Well done.......thanks for sharing
Old
Perfect!
Old
You have such a delicate touch as you bring us through your loss. Thank you for bringing your Mom to life for us with the details, especially the perfume. Beautiful!
Old
There is no greater pain the pain we feel over the loss of our mothers but she knows that you need her and that is when she pops in to show you that she is still with you. You made me cry as i read this thank your having such a special blog .
Old
Very touching, brought a tear to my eye.
Old
That was absolutely beautiful. Take the qualities of her and live up to them the way your mom did
Old
You're never alone.
Old
that was perfect
Old
nice blog...sounds like you had a great relationship with her.
Old
That is great - and must have been cathartic and difficult to write. Well done
Old
This is so poignant.

Recent Blog Entries by disturbiagirl