Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs

Old

Random Thoughts

Posted 09-08-2017 at 10:29 PM by hikergeek
This is just a collection of random thoughts without necessarily any theme to it.

The most dangerous part of any hike or backpack trip is the drive to/from the trailhead. I have had deer run out in front of me, a bear even ran out in front of a car just ahead of me once. I have had more close calls on driving than hiking.

Still on hiking, I am the most anxious before a hike than during it. I sometimes get very 'cold feet' just before that I have to remind myself that...
Thread Terminator
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Big Bang Theory and me

Posted 08-18-2017 at 11:00 PM by hikergeek
You read the title and are thinking, oh he is going to write about how much he likes the TV show, or this is going to be about The 'big bang'. Well neither are correct although this does involve the tv show.

Have you ever watched a movie or tv program that had characters in your profession? Certainly you have if you are a Dr, lawyer or police officer. But, there are not a lot of movies or tv shows with engineers. I am leaving out Star Trek and the like because they are not depicting...
Thread Terminator
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Medusa Effect

Posted 08-03-2017 at 09:47 PM by hikergeek
I am not sure how well I can describe this one, so bear with me while I try.

I am not sure if you have experienced this or not. I will wager if you are considered attractive you have not. Let me start by saying I have no illusions (I think) about my appearance, especially my face. I have been told a number of times in various ways that I was unattractive. Like in college another guys girlfriend felt she had to tell me I wasn't cute. Because she wasn't someone I was attracted to and...
Thread Terminator
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

One or I Bare My Soul Again

Posted 07-29-2017 at 10:05 PM by hikergeek
If you have read my previous posts here you know my marriage is far, far from ideal. To put it bluntly, its more like being housemates with a child thrown in. Starting more than 6 years ago, except for certain travel situations, my wife and I sleep in different rooms and do few activities together. Because I have covered this part of my life before I won't bore you with any more of the details on why tho state of affairs exists.

It is pertinent to how I see life day to day though....
Thread Terminator
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Magic Age of 60

Posted 07-21-2017 at 11:06 PM by hikergeek
There is a thread titled "The magic age of 40". While that thread, as I recall, is focused on the shift in what age of the opposite sex you find attractive as you age this post is different.

I think when we are younger we look at older people with a certain paradigm. I was no different, and certainly thought my grandparents were ancient when they were in their sixties. But, now that hit 60 I have a very different experience. As I have posted elsewhere, I do not feel 60,...
Thread Terminator
Posted in Uncategorized