Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > Phoenix Rising

Everyone has to leave the darkness some time. This Phoenix is on the rise!
Rate this Entry

Fear and Wonder

Posted 03-18-2012 at 11:05 PM by Phoenix
Updated 03-18-2012 at 11:09 PM by Phoenix
I have mixed emotions about this transition. I am at the apex of the career curve around the Wichita, KS area. People try their whole lives to get jobs at Boeing and now Spirit. Spirit, my soon to be former employer, was once the commercial division of Boeing Wichita. Boeing sold it off, and it became Spirit AeroSystems. Once you get in, you do NOT leave. It is like being elected to Supreme Court. You are in for life. People usually die or get laid off from these jobs. They don't voluntarily leave. So, I am somewhat conflicted.

On the other hand...adventure calls. This job is remote meaning I could do it from ANYWHERE. I have lived on the same corner my entire life. The furthest i have moved is across the street. I could leave today and relocate to anywhere in the US. That thought is liberating and exhilarating (and a little terrifying). I am thinking somewhere in Montana? Close to the Canadian Border? Maybe Shelby or Great Falls?

I have lived a very small and sheltered existence. I have always done what is practical and safe. I am ready to be daring.
Posted in Sugar Bear
Comments 5 Email Blog Entry
Total Comments 5

Comments

Old
good luck, hope things work out well
Old
You can dooooo itttttt!!!!! Luck and hugs to you on your new adventure!!! Spread your wings and fly baby fly!!!!
Old
Thanks, Aradia!!
Old
Hi Phoenix: I saw your post and I am new here. My husband is 81 and doctors say bad things. I don't want to post it here because we are believers and it says in the Word "we have what we say". Praying for you dear.
Posted 03-25-2012 at 08:17 AM by upbeatfitandsensitive upbeatfitandsensitive is offline
Old
Welcome Upbeat. I will pray for you and your husband as well. May God bring you peace and comfort during your journey.

Recent Blog Entries by Phoenix