Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs

Old

Latest update

Posted 07-07-2015 at 12:29 AM by Hotshotfireguy
Been away for a bit, but just wanted to drop by and give the latest update on everything. Did a PET scan last month and all is clear. We're now in what I call a holding pattern, watching it and staying on top of it. There is a high chance of recurrence, but as long as we catch it as soon as it does, it can be treated. Sometimes it comes back as a more aggressive type, but that can be cured if caught in time. So you've probably guessed by now that early detection is the whole key to this, and I will...
Flirting God
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

So.............

Posted 02-07-2015 at 01:06 AM by Hotshotfireguy
I wanted to come here and write this. Kind of an explanation blog. Not looking for sympathy or any of that stuff. In the last couple of weeks I've posted a lot about my condition, or as of now, possible condition. Again, I don't do it for sympathy, attention, or any that. And for the record, I have not been accused of any of this (that I know of, lol). I do it as a release. I vowed that I wouldn't mope around my kids or family. If I show fear, it spreads to them. So I stay real upbeat and positive....
Flirting God
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

What is a Firefighter worth?

Posted 12-02-2013 at 07:05 PM by Hotshotfireguy
I found this on Facebook the other day and this really hit home, because we are facing budget cuts. Just felt like sharing!!!

What is a firefighter worth?
[FONT=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]There has been so much talk recently about things like containing costs, lowering taxes, and those who work in public safety being overpaid - particularly firefighters - that it could make your head spin. We've all done the "simple math," crunched the numbers, and it...
Flirting God
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Finding Myself!!!

Posted 08-01-2013 at 12:05 PM by Hotshotfireguy
These past few months have been a journey. I have sat and done a whole lot of soul searching, a lot of wondering, and have run through a gamut of emotions. Having gone through the knee procedure and not seeing the results I was hoping for, I now see my career as a firefighter slowly slipping away. I was drained emotionally and financially. I was at the point of praying everyday to just be able to feed my family and make the house payment, and was struggling badly there. The depression meds weren't...
Flirting God
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Fathers Day!!!

Posted 06-14-2013 at 11:31 PM by Hotshotfireguy
I've been sitting here today, wondering why I was in a funk. Even days like today with stupid calls, and people that abuse the system, I can usually blow that off and move on. But not today, then it hit me. Fathers Day of 2011 was the last day I saw my dad alive. He passed the following Wednesday. We knew the prognosis wasn't good, and hated to see him suffer, but it was still hard. Dad was my best friend. My sister, brother and myself, all promised dad we would look after mom, and for the most...
Flirting God
Posted in Uncategorized