Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > hikergeek

Rate this Entry

Fathers Day

Posted 06-25-2018 at 09:13 PM by hikergeek
Updated 06-26-2018 at 05:42 AM by hikergeek
I thought I would share my experiences on the Fathers Day just passed.

A brief summary:

The day started with a pancake breakfast, the daughter and I ate pancakes in the morning together. After that the dog and I went for a nature walk for a couple of hours in a nearby state park. I hesitate to call it a hike because the park is only a couple of miles from where I work and itís not particularly large. After that the daughter and I went to lunch and then made a trip to s local science museum (her suggestion, itís kid oriented). We went grocery shopping and then returned home to make dinner. After dinner there was strawberry shortcake. Not long after that it was bedtime.

Now, I know what you are thinking, that it sounds pretty good and what could possibly be wrong with it. Now, from a certain point it view it was one of the better Fathers Days from the standpoint that I did get out in the woods and I spent a lot of time with the daughter. I did really enjoy both of those aspects of the day and will certainly remember fondly those things. But here is what is bothering me; the spouse stayed in her room the entire day, literally. I was the one that made the pancakes and the strawberry shortcake and dinner. She did nothing, not even buy the card the daughter eventually gave me ( the next day); I had to purchase that too. In fact he entire weekend the spouse was very disrespectful and unkind (that Iíd not unusual, the described most weekends here). Bottom line, the spouse did nothing and I mean nothing to help make the day better. But,as should be apparent I did what I needed to make it special anyway.

Okay, vent complete.

Thanks for reading all the way to the end.
Total Comments 1

Comments

Old
Sorry to read you had a disappointing Father'Day. But I have to vent that these fake holidays..Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day.. designed by corporations to sell cards, flowers, ties, and which force celebrations, make me sick.

Americans are under enough pressure from Christmas (materialistic orgy) and Thanksgiving ( family tension day ) to live up to absurd expectations.

There is a reason why there are so many suicide attempts around the holidays. Just too much hype to be full of joy. Enough!

How many single people hate Valentine's Day? Most of them.
Updated 06-28-2018 at 12:00 AM by hijiller

Recent Blog Entries by hikergeek