Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > Nice

Rate this Entry

"Home Home"

Posted 04-12-2009 at 08:38 PM by Nice
Sitting here, recovering from my time "home home" this weekend. Totally exhausted, but they are all totally worth it. I find myself each time I go home, with a hectic schedule trying to squeeze everyone in and accomplish as much as possible.

This weekend was a mix of joy, sadness, fun, childhood games, funny moments, edge of your seat excitement...yip, typical family holiday weekend.

I went from cuddling my nephew to sleep, to cheering my brother on in a hockey tournament, to meeting real estate agents/auctioneers to sell my grandparents home to Easter dinner with 50 family members to standing hand in hand with my grandfather at my grandmother's grave side. Feels like I was just put through the turbo cycle.

I lost my grandmother 2.5 years ago. My grandparents were like second parents to my siblings and myself growing up. I chose my career because of their traveling experiences and many say, I take after my grandmother which is the ultimate compliment. If I can be half the women she was...I will be very blessed.

My grandfather is trying to get used to the nursing home he is now living and has made the decision to sell the family home he and my grandmother built over 30 years ago which I know is breaking his heart.
Total Comments 4

Comments

Old
Make sure you take lots of pics inside and out of the house before you sell it. Sounds like you need a break to recover from your break.
Old
Homes that are tied to memories are so hard to let go of. My parents recently divorced and by the time the house sold, I thought I was ready to let it go. When it first went up for sale, I balled and just kept saying "that's MY house". By the end I felt like there was only a bad energy left there. But everytime I drive by the neighbourhood....I get choked up.

The memories that your grandfather's house will always be a part of you....but there always comes a time to let go and that really hurts.
Old
I agree, take as many pics as possible...I went to find my great aunt and uncle's house and it had been torn down to make way for student housing.
Old
My mother-in-law just had to sell her home of 48 years to move closer to us, it was a decision she delayed for four years after the death of her husband, thank God that at 89 years she didn't need to move to a nursing home yet but just to a flat nearby.

Last weekend on my way from the south to the north of Germany I took the chance to walk by my grandparents' house which they sold 50 years ago to move closer to us. It is still a place of many early childhood memories for me, and for years I'm wondering if I should make an offer to buy it back.

Thank you for sharing this so many years ago, finding your blog this morning has made me totally sentimental

Recent Blog Entries by Nice