Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > TomIAm

Rate this Entry

Ashamed and embarrassed

Posted 06-04-2017 at 01:24 PM by TomIAm
I thought long and hard about this this morning, but it has reached the point where I can categorically say that I'm ashamed and embarrassed for my country. I've never felt this way before in my life. There have been far too many incidents to enumerate that led me here, but the official response to this latest tragic terrorist attack in London was the final straw for me. What human being with even an ounce of human compassion and decency would use that tragedy and his position to shamelessly attack the Mayor of London while gleefully championing his own domestic political agenda items (gun freedom and the muslim ban)...all within hours of the attack and before the victims had even been identified by their grieving loved ones.

Trump does not represent me and he never will. Anyone with any decency should be horrified by this and should demand better. I hope this ugliness is ended sooner rather than later. We are better than this.
Total Comments 7

Comments

Old
He's a victim of "Fox & Friends"...whatever they say he has to tweet the same thing since they are his go-to source for everything.
Old
It's a shame that during these terrible times in the UK that Trump makes headlines again. By making a twat tweet! He makes it all about him and his agenda! But to be honest we're sort of sick of him now. If his popularity is nose diving in the US it's even more so here! I think with everything else going on we're learning to ignore him. I don't think anyone respects or wants to listen to what he has to say! I never thought I'd say this but I have more respect for Justin Beiber and his response to the recent tragedies.
Hopefully people here won't judge all Americans based on your incompetent President and his beliefs. All the Americans I know over here feel the same as you've written in your blog. My best American friend put her facebook status to 'I wish for once Trump would just shut up'
It is debatable if Trump was pro or against isolationism but it seems like he's heading that way with once traditional allies. But hey ho - he's making new allies with Saudi and Russia! (it's all about $)
Right now there is so much going on in the UK to deal with, Trump is the least of the worries and people are happy to ignore him and focus on the important matters like finding the terrorists and helping the injured.
Old
great statement Tom
The most important to remember is you represent you!!!

Old
Tom there are many things for rational sensible people to feel disappointed about at this time -

The negatives - that greedy people put their own interests first always - everybody knew what they were getting with Trump - they are prepared to trash everything including the planet because he promised fake jobs and fake money.

My take on the US is that the pool of ignorance and stupid behaviour is too big. Countries like Germany and Sweden have first class government schools .. their populations are so much better educated and more sensible citizens .. than the English speaking countries.

The positive - max 8 years of pain!
Updated 06-09-2017 at 11:49 AM by *Brad*
Old
Tom....really? You are embarrassing me. You are my dear friend an American Citizen you need to embrace your country for which it stands, one nation...I'll not go the rest because you know. I do understand how you feel, honestly when Obama got elected I felt my heart tear from my body.
But, I was never ashamed of my President or the United States. I am an American heart and soul I love my country regardless of leadership qualities. Give it time my friend I know Trump is irritating to most, he is not a politician like other Presidents. Be proud that you are an American citizen most people in this world would give a right arm to be here and living as well as I am sure you do. Luv Dix
Old
Dix - did you feel pride when Trump chose to taunt the mayor of London while they were identifying victims from a horrible terror attack? My city suffered one of these attacks (Boston Marathon Bombing), so I know what it's like to go through this. I can't even imagine the rage and disgust I'd have felt if the Prime Minister of England had decided to tweet out our Mayor to tell him what a horrible job he was doing. It's disgusting and embarrassing and no source of "American Pride" for me.
Old
No Tom I did not see that sorry. All attacks by terrorist are horrible acts. Regardless I'm sorry too you feel that way. Maybe in a few years they will elect a President you feel confident with. Please don't burn the flag in your front yard I don't want to see you on CNN.
Luv Dix, A proud American

Recent Blog Entries by TomIAm