Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs > rdy

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Blog 15: Time Machine

Posted 06-13-2010 at 03:26 PM by rdy
I had a strange and lovely experience yesterday. As some of you know, it was my birthday, and my children decided to treat me by taking me up to London, and to an ice cream parlour I haven't been to for nearly 40 years, that I used to drive 50 miles to just to eat there, it was that good. I had discovered it was still in business and still getting rave reviews and I wanted to share it with them. The other half of my treat was to go to see Hair. I had been to see it about 42 yrs ago and it was...
rdy
- on the prowl-
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Blog 14: Stranger Danger... or something different?

Posted 05-31-2010 at 09:39 AM by rdy
I've been thinking about some of the threads here about confessions and wondering about this whole thing about confiding in strangers. I've noticed, and enjoyed how easy it is to share confidences here. I've shared things I haven't told anyone in 'real life' and heard things that i certainly have never been told by my 'intimates'. There is a power and beauty in this sharing.

We are able to gain insight, feel support and understanding. There is a lot of playfulness and silliness...
rdy
- on the prowl-
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Blog 13: A heart lives on

Posted 05-29-2010 at 06:35 AM by rdy
You may know that my wife died this year. We decided that we wanted to salvage something positive from this horrible event and agreed to organ donation. Today I learnt that her heart valve is beating in the chest of a 28 year old and hopefully loving someone new. Liver, kidneys, skin and corneas are all alive and bringing joy to other families, and whilst I can hardly focus on the screen as I type, I rejoice in this knowledge. Good can come from ill, if we let it...
rdy
- on the prowl-
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Post 12: Progress is Fragile

Posted 05-22-2010 at 09:31 AM by rdy
This has been a real lesson. In work we tend to tick things when they are ‘done’, but in real life progress is more subtle and fragile. It is much more like gardening, and the tender shoots are very vulnerable when they first emerge. We have done a great job of pulling together, getting organised and making things work but under this thin skin of ‘wins’ is a soft and tender core that is oh so vulnerable; bad dreams and being triggered by the silliest of things. I was watching a rugby Man of...
rdy
- on the prowl-
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Post 11: It's a small world

Posted 05-17-2010 at 01:28 PM by rdy
I was told today that my driving 'ban' was to continue for another four months. That is a frightening prospect as it feels like a virtual sentence of house arrest.

I was aware as we went out this morning that the barriers between me and the outside world felt higher than before. We normally have a sense of our homes as a safe space, but I don't think that we tend to feel that 'out there' is a hostile space; leastwise, I never have.

I have no idea where this process...
rdy
- on the prowl-
Posted in Uncategorized