Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Blogs

Meanderings, observations, and opinions on everything .... whether I know anything about it or not.
Old

A Wake-up Call

Posted 11-27-2013 at 05:22 PM by spare_change
I woke up this morning, and as I am wont to do, I lay there contemplating the state of the world, both near and far. It's important that I utilize this time to gather my thoughts, and marshal my positions, because you just never know when somebody at the breakfast table would ask my opinion on the diamond-smuggling in Sierra Leone or the use of pure naptha in Madagascar.

This morning, however, was given to self contemplation - a look at where I am, where I've been, and where I am...
Purveyor of Perversion
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Right is Right --- Everything Else Is Wrong

Posted 10-27-2010 at 09:49 PM by spare_change
There was a recent posting in the News Room, title "The Danger of the Partisan Mind" http://www.economist.com/blogs/democ.../partisan_bias

This article purports that partisanship is what has led the transition of a significant number of voters from liberal (Democrat) to conservative (Republican) positions. It shows a decreasing number of voters who identify themselves as Democrats feel the government is a threat, while the number of voters who identify...
Purveyor of Perversion
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Moving On ... Time To Come Clean

Posted 10-27-2010 at 02:51 AM by spare_change
As most know, I have been prolific in publishing political commentary. I do this, not to force my views upon the reader, but rather, to motivate them to think.

I believe that the future of this country lies in an informed, and involved, electorate. We no longer have the luxury of electing leaders every two/four/six years, and going back to sleep, only to awaken at the end of their term, and see how they did. Our world moves too fast now, and we need to be watching diligently.
Purveyor of Perversion
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Taxes?

Posted 11-26-2009 at 10:57 PM by spare_change
“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”

--- Thomas Jefferson

Clearly, Mr. Jefferson would not approve of wealth redistribution, as it is being defined and applied today. To punish some for their efforts, and to reward others for the lack of it, would seem to be inconsistent with the democratic goals of self-realization and growth. It is important, of course, to note that Mr. Jefferson...
Purveyor of Perversion
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Wealth Redistribution

Posted 11-26-2009 at 10:57 PM by spare_change
"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government."

-- Thomas Jefferson

Mr. Jefferson would seem to be opposed to the concept of income redistribution. To take from one the fruits of his labor, for whatever reason, would, in Mr. Jefferson's opinion, be antithetical to good government....
Purveyor of Perversion
Posted in Uncategorized