Married And Flirting Chat

Married And Flirting Chat (http://www.marriedandflirtingchat.com/forums/index.php)
-   Married And Flirting (http://www.marriedandflirtingchat.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What was the greatest lesson you ever learned... (http://www.marriedandflirtingchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314)

Annie 08-13-2005 07:02 PM

What was the greatest lesson you ever learned...

Men have taught me a whole lot of things about relationships. They have also taught me a great deal about myself. What is the greatest lesson a significant other has taught you?

illmakeurtoeswiggle 08-13-2005 08:35 PM

Never, never, never, ever, ever to get married!;)

To have Patience....And I'm sure you all know what Im talking about here!:D

Annie 08-13-2005 09:10 PM

My ex husband taught me not to judge people based on one weakness. Other than him using me for a puching bag... the guy had many good qualities. He'd give anyone the shirt off his back and he was generous. He also taught me that some men are not worth it... other's are.

My e-mail "friend" with the web cam let me know what I was missing out on and in that lesson I was able to understand that what I really needed and wanted was right here at home... I also learned that I really could have what I wanted... I just need to ask.... and I learned the value of a web cam...;)

My husband taught me that he really isn't such a dick head, and what ever I want is right down the hall... <I'll be back...>

Norfolkdave 08-14-2005 07:08 AM

My answer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie Mull
Men have taught me a whole lot of things about relationships. They have also taught me a great deal about myself. What is the greatest lesson a significant other has taught you?

Gee annie this is tough, but my grandad bless him taught me the path of life, he became my father as I left home at 16 and went to live with my nan and grandad as I never got on well with my stepfather. My grandad taught me about how to become a signalman on British Railways at the time, he taught me then how to be a gardener, but most of all he taught me to be a man.

Onehttmama 08-15-2005 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illmakeurtoeswiggle
Never, never, never, ever, ever to get married!;)

To have Patience....And I'm sure you all know what Im talking about here!:D

MY Hubby would say EXACTLY the same thing you jsut did here!! NOW WIggles! THATS scary!:whee:

Polo38 08-15-2005 11:04 AM

I had just graduated from college and i had my first real job (that being a job with benefits) working for this medical company selling equipment to long term care facilitates, on this one appointment, i stopped by this convalescent home in NH, and i was looking around for the director, i was young and energetic and i had only one thing on my mind, to sell them my wares. This beautiful elderly lady was sitting down in a chair, right in front of me, looking at me, but I failed to see her. She spoke up and said, “Hello I’m right here.” I looked at her and smiled and just said “of course you are”, and I apologized to her telling her I was new at this and was looking for the director. I truly felt like crap, she was right, how often we go through our daily routines and never observing some of those around us, especially those that we casually eliminate through our selective filters in our minds. It becomes easier to pretend their not there, making us feel better about ourselves. She is in God’s arms now, but I will always credit her for giving me my sight back.

nlightenedrogue 08-15-2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenote
I had just graduated from college and i had my first real job (that being a job with benefits) working for this medical company selling equipment to long term care facilitates, on this one appointment, i stopped by this convalescent home in NH, and i was looking around for the director, i was young and energetic and i had only one thing on my mind, to sell them my wares. This beautiful elderly lady was sitting down in a chair, right in front of me, looking at me, but I failed to see her. She spoke up and said, “Hello I’m right here.” I looked at her and smiled and just said “of course you are”, and I apologized to her telling her I was new at this and was looking for the director. I truly felt like crap, she was right, how often we go through our daily routines and never observing some of those around us, especially those that we casually eliminate through our selective filters in our minds. It becomes easier to pretend their not there, making us feel better about ourselves. She is in God’s arms now, but I will always credit her for giving me my sight back.

Xenote - what a great story!

nlightenedrogue 08-15-2005 11:27 AM

In my younger years, I wasn't really much into anything beyond casual relationships. I also moved around a lot. When I was done with a relationship, generally, when I thought it was starting to get serious - I would disappear. No goodbyes. When I was in my late-20's, I met a flight attendant at a wedding. It was "love" at first sight. She was from the west coast, I was in the midwest. She would fly in every 2 weeks and we'd spend the weekend together. She was one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen - to this day. Sheri was her name. Anyway, I couldn't stop thinking about her. I wrote her letters every day (this was before e-mail) and talked with her on the phone. On her last visit, we had another great weekend together, like always. A lot of laughs, talking all night and great, uninhibited sex. We were truly in our own world. I talked to her about moving in with me - about changing hubs within the airline and moving to the city I lived in. She seemed interested...but something changed. We said goodbye at the airport and she left. This time, our goodbye seemed strained. I wrote to her..and didn't hear back. I figured she picked up some extra flights or an internationsl flight. Then I called. Nothing. I never heard from her again. I must have scared her. For the very first time, someone treated me like I treated most of the women I'd been involved with. I became much more sensitive after that...

Penny 08-15-2005 04:18 PM

That it is ok to be me. Just be myself and not worry about what others think :)

geshem 08-17-2005 07:56 PM

I learned two very important things is life.

The first was imparted to me by a Major when I was at the Pentagon. "Only fool gets in the way of a bullet." One smart man.

The other I learned while working for a non-profit in San Francisco.
"The Great Activity of our life is to love, like the sun constantly shining" A Franciscan taught that one.

spare_change 09-07-2005 11:03 AM

My grandma used to tell us:"Your day isn't complete until you've learned something, taught something, and made somebody smile."

Sure seems to work.

Annie 09-07-2005 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spare_change
My grandma used to tell us:"Your day isn't complete until you've learned something, taught something, and made somebody smile."

Sure seems to work.

You seem to know a whole lot of wise women! Nice to know you paid attention to them.

sex_kitten_4u 12-14-2005 12:30 PM

never to fall totally in love it only ends in a broken heart :(

Sandy 12-14-2005 03:58 PM

my hubby taught me the meaning of love and trust :wa:

sex_kitten_4u 12-14-2005 04:39 PM

you are so lucky, it took me years to get over the broken heart now i never trust or love completly ,, wont risk another broken heart

bhorny 12-14-2005 06:28 PM

never ever ever give anyone your whole self becouse then there nouthing left to give!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trev 12-14-2005 06:32 PM

never to get married again, once is enough

Sunfiresix 12-14-2005 06:36 PM

Your luck Penny I learned that too late in life--I always tried to be what I thought people wanted--now screw them--I am who I am and I found out I got more friends than I ever thought. Also as with anything the real meaning of true love --after reacing 50yrs old, there is nobody that could love me as much as the woman I am married to.

surfnchat 12-14-2005 08:14 PM

Here's a couple of Texas life lessons:

Never squat with your spurs on and never lick a steak knife. :D

surfnchat 12-14-2005 08:16 PM

Seriously, I have a motto: Learn two things every day because you'll forget at least one. :wa:

You can never be too smart or wise. Keep your eyes and ears open and it's amazing how much you absorb. :whee:

sex_kitten_4u 12-14-2005 08:31 PM

wonder what 2 things i will learn tomorrow then mmmmmmmmm ;)

surfnchat 12-14-2005 08:41 PM

#1 Flirting is great... I forgot #2 :whee:

sex_kitten_4u 12-14-2005 09:10 PM

lol surf ;)

Wet Beaver 12-14-2005 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfnchat2000
#1 Flirting is great... I forgot #2 :whee:

does that mean you forgot how to do it??

sweetgapeach 12-14-2005 09:21 PM

Dont waste energy on being Mad all the time !!
And dont ever Look back! It only drives you Crazy , The what if's .