Married And Flirting Chat

Married And Flirting Chat (http://www.marriedandflirtingchat.com/forums/index.php)
-   Junk Drawer (http://www.marriedandflirtingchat.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   I remember when... (http://www.marriedandflirtingchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15841)

Nice 02-27-2010 01:40 PM

I remember when...

I remember when my grandfather taught me how to skate on our family pond. He spent several days shoveling, flooding, making a wooden bench out of a log and two chunks of wood in freezing temperatures. When it was just right....he came to the house and asked my mom if he could take me...no way she could say no when she saw my face. I remember like it was just yesterday. He was so patient, so proud, so determined...we laughed, (I cried a few times out of frustration), but he never gave up on me...and still hasn't.

Icarus 02-27-2010 02:23 PM

I remember the first time I kissed her, the first time we fooled around, the way she couldn't stay off of me. We were ground down by complacency, familiarity, and professions. I recognized where our trajectory was taking us a couple years ago and decided that we couldn't go there. Changing course is hard, especially with kids, jobs, and basically just the negative pattern we'd developed. It's my memories of the time before time that inspire me and the knowledge that recapturing that place is worth the effort. If we don't recapture it, at least I'll have spent everything in the pursuit.

3pmac 02-27-2010 02:31 PM

when I first got married. Life was so simple, fun, easy.

pointofnoreturn 02-27-2010 05:54 PM

I remember the last time we were "together" and how my smile would just not stop....

dcowboy09 02-27-2010 06:04 PM

I remember when when I could spend hours talking on the phone.......

artemis 10-10-2013 03:15 AM

I remember when... Shalala la la la la la lala la... La di da

Monkey Butler 10-10-2013 03:59 AM

I remember the rush I felt when you told me you had a crush on me.

redwing 10-10-2013 04:17 AM

I absolutely refuse to "remember when" before the age of 75

artemis 10-10-2013 09:10 AM

I remember what a chump I've been! :D

Orca08 10-10-2013 09:42 AM

I remember when we didn't have much, but we still had such a great childhood and had so much fun.
I remember growing up in a rowhome without AC and making it work without complaining.
I remember my Dad taking care of any repairs to the house and around the house and my Mom keeping it clean.
I remember the Blue laws and how we sat back and relaxed on Sundays.
I remember Sunday dinners at 2:30 or 3pm and how good they were and filling. Always, made by my Dad and then he would take us for a drive around the country or go to Friendship Airport and watch the planes come and go.
I remember watching TV and the shows were family oriented that usually had a storyline that taught you good things.
I remember my parents being some of the strictest in the neighborhood, but us 4 kids turned out doing fine.
I remember my Dad taking me with him to pick out Christmas trees, TV's, VCR's etc.
I remember my Mom being so loving and so huggy and still is.
I remember my Mom being such a clean freak. Especially the week before vacation.
I remember my Mom packing all the suitcases and then reorganizing them more than once to get everything to fit.
I remember holes in my tennis shoes the size of a quarter before we got a new pair.
I remember my Mom making dinner every night during the week.

jjcarter 10-25-2013 01:49 PM

When I was little I would talk in the fan to hear my robot voice!

Ivan 10-25-2013 02:05 PM

I remember when all threads here seemed new.

.Cotties 10-25-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan (Post 4638472)
I remember when all threads here seemed new.

I remember when everybody got along

OnceAKing 10-25-2013 02:21 PM

I remember what I had for breakfast and a little after that, what my name is...pretty good day.

hijiller 10-25-2013 03:39 PM

I remember when I didn't know the difference between prostate and prostitute, and asked a priest to explain because I had heard one was a bad word.

I remember him laughing outloud in the church..which was never permitted!

He was young and cute, too.

OnceAKing 10-25-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hijiller (Post 4638727)
I remember when I didn't know the difference between prostate and prostitute, and asked a priest to explain because I had heard one was a bad word.

So? Did he know and did he tell ya?

CaliGal 10-25-2013 07:30 PM

I remember when my mom told me I was adopted. THAT was weird.

hijiller 10-25-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnceAKing (Post 4639152)
So? Did he know and did he tell ya?

He fudged..he said you mean prostrate, don't you? As in "prostrate before the Lord"?

I said..ummm, yes..so he said it means bowing down to worship. When i got home, i looked them all up. I still feel how my face burned with embarrassment.

bryan3636 10-25-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hijiller (Post 4638727)

You probably weren't his type...or preferred gender

Chrysalis. 10-25-2013 10:56 PM

I remember when each of my babies were born. One on a Monday and the other two on a friday. All three so sweet and beautiful.

hijiller 10-25-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryan3636 (Post 4639562)
You probably weren't his type...or preferred gender

He was transferred a few years later, and I was older and had a huge crush on him. We had a "moment" one day. Anyhow, word came back a few years after that he had left the priesthood and gotten married.

justin784 10-25-2013 11:33 PM

I was young and had a girlfriend that was so sexually aggressive, wish I could go back there again!

sammee 10-26-2013 08:21 AM

Life was easy.

Dahlia 10-27-2013 02:57 PM

I was the one playing outside while MY Mom cleaned..

sammee 10-28-2013 06:40 AM

My kids got on .