View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 04:14 PM   #192
Lyric~*
Flirting God

Thanked 9,331 Times in 6,838 Posts
Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like Lyric~* Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
As a family with two young children and no DVD player in the car, it might be surprising that my favorite memory is of a trip from Northern California up to British Columbia when my mother in law died.

Needless to say, the trip home a couple of weeks later was more relaxed. We were in my husband's truck and my kids were 4 and 8 years old. I had my well worn copy of "Catcher in the Rye" and hours to fill with reading out loud trying to keep the bad words a little less naughty.

We had hours driving on the coast and evenings hanging out in motels. We sang out loud together to old cassettes my ex-husband hung onto. Typically, I get to the point in a trip when I can't wait to get home. I think on that trip I was already there.

I always love reading what you have to say, Katy. Happy to see you too! :

Ty for sharing. Very sweet and nostalgic memory. Hang on to it for safe keeping and I’m sure that you will!

Last edited by Lyric~*; 06-02-2018 at 04:17 PM.
Lyric~* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyric~* For This Useful Post:
katydid (06-02-2018)