View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #26
redcat
Forum Leader

Thanked 13,406 Times in 8,531 Posts
redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryteone View Post
I never found any miracle cure or insight for healing - just time. We decided to work it out, and we are better now than we ever used to be. However, whenever someone told me that I needed to forgive and move on, or "you two could be closer after this" I wanted to reach across and choke them out.

It simply just took time; I was tired of feeling angry and vengeful. Not to say that that I'm completely over it (it was just last year). I do wonder sometimes if she's really where she says she is. I feel that her actions speak for themselves - she's way more into "us" than she used to be. That's the yardstick I measure our trust with. So yeah, I do trust her, and when I get those thoughts in my head I just don't let them take over, cuz it can make you crazy.
Very similar here, ryteone. He cheated 3 times that I know of, over a number of years. Time and determining to work it out has made us stronger.

I remember those nagging feelings of "is he where he said he is" and you're right. You have to put them out of your head. Eventually, the trust is restored. Hang in there and good luck.
redcat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redcat For This Useful Post:
ryteone (04-28-2011)