Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Current Events And Real Life

Current Events And Real Life Kids, Holidays, Entertainment. Things that married people worry about with our clothes on.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:48 PM   #51
Shawn
Forum Surfer

Thanked 17,608 Times in 9,224 Posts
Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute

So I have the Thursday and Friday gig down in "The Village" ... Total tourist trap on the beach that has tons of foot traffic, shops, restaurants and bars/clubs. So as long as I've been there, this "dude" ... I named him Mr Stewart, cat looks like Rod Stewart's dad rockin the long white hair that is all proofed up, loud rocker shirts and tight leather pants, or skinny jeans.... He goes from club to club and dances either inside or outside. I would guess this dude is 70.... But like Jagger there is no quit, some like me are in awe and think it's amazing, others might be a lil creeped out but for those of us who work the Village this dude is an icon..... I wouldn't say I'd want to be like him as when my club days are over I plan on quietly carving toothpicks in the garage ... But I do appreciate the spirit this guy has.
artemis (09-02-2016), Bailey~* (09-02-2016), Bratty (09-02-2016), gdgrl (09-01-2016), HeavenlyFreak (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 06:33 AM   #52
artemis
irretrievable

Thanked 11,115 Times in 8,072 Posts
artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like

Paul Reuter - read about him in some class in 9th grade. Story of how "News" as we know it, collection of printed material from a larger area other than one's own family/neighborhood circle, was fascinating.

Remembered that today... This man was a force of nature. Starting from pigeons to the places he took the idea which we love to hear/read/stay educated about.

artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to artemis For This Useful Post:
Bailey~* (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 06:46 AM   #53
artemis
irretrievable

Thanked 11,115 Times in 8,072 Posts
artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like artemis Is God Like

Many times driving to work checking Waze for raffic i try & remember reading of things - true inventors & think of what is still left to change our lobes or how we live forever...

Sure the guys/gals who invented the cell phone is a champ. But I think of Alexander Graham Bell. Most of us on this site (at this let's say moment or space in time) have used the actual corded telephone. My earliest memory of a phone was the black bacalite turning dial one... Going to my grandpa's place to call my dad who was posted on a government/engineering assignment to Iraq from my country... (This was during the Iran-Iraq war). I knew vaguely of some war and my daddy was near there... I think back & see how much for granted we took to hearing pfrom him regularly instantly with no waiting for letters.

Alexander Graham Bell - changed communication like Reuter, forever & impacted the whole world.

artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:28 AM   #54
Bailey~*
earning Valhalla

Thanked 8,965 Times in 5,057 Posts
Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like Bailey~* Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
Paul Reuter - read about him in some class in 9th grade. Story of how "News" as we know it, collection of printed material from a larger area other than one's own family/neighborhood circle, was fascinating.

Remembered that today... This man was a force of nature. Starting from pigeons to the places he took the idea which we love to hear/read/stay educated about.
I don't know if this is a force of nature.. or respect idea, but I agree with gathering news. People who cover stories in dangerous places and put their safety at risk and amaze me. Or people who explore the unexplored for research. In college I had fairly solid plans to be a National Geographic documentary producer. And now as an adult I've read stories where teams have to stop every 20 minutes to dig burrowing parasites out of their feet with a pocket knife, and I'm not sure if I could have done that over and over. I am tough, resilient, and down to earth.. but I am a wuss about parasites lol
Bailey~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:42 PM   #55
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Thanked 12,636 Times in 8,620 Posts
hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern1 View Post
Stevie Ray Vaughn, just watch his hands!
https://youtu.be/grBmQwLSlDw
No kiddin'!
hijiller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hijiller For This Useful Post:
southern1 (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 09:11 PM   #56
Bratty
BRB

Bratty Is God Like Bratty Is God Like Bratty Is God Like Bratty Is God Like Bratty Is God Like Bratty Is God Like Bratty Is God Like Bratty Is God Like Bratty Is God Like Bratty Is God Like Bratty Is God Like

Steve Irwin.
Bratty is offline   Reply With Quote