Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Practice Flirting Chat, Newbie Questions!

Practice Flirting Chat, Newbie Questions! This is where you can practice making post or using smiles. If you aren't sure how this place works then try playing with things in here. Guest can post in here to try things out.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
TBoyBob
Explosive!

TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like
Default Vasectomy - Yes or No?

Ok, so after my wife and I are done having kids, the plan is for me to get a vasectomy. I was reading the "Condoms?" thread earlier and the big "V" seemed to come up several times.

I'm curious what all the men have to say about this. I'm sure some have already gone through this process. Did anything change afterwords (other than the lack of sperm of course)? Are your orgasms the same? Does the feeling change? Do you last longer, shorter, no change? Do you feel emasculated? Does it make you feel like you can go out an have an affair and not worry (come on, we've all thought it, right)???? Any of your thoughts are welcome and appreciated!

Women, do you notice any changes in your husbands sex life?? Sex drive decrease/increase? Taste different? Anything you can think of?
TBoyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
gdgrl
Follow me

Thanked 9,986 Times in 5,787 Posts
gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like

You should read Barkiss's little story on vasectomies, it was a riot. I will try to find it.
FeIsTy FaV (07-16-2009)
Old 07-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
gdgrl
Follow me

gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like gdgrl Is God Like

http://www.marriedandflirtingchat.co...ad.php?t=13067
hope this works
TBoyBob (07-15-2009)
Old 07-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
Jelly
Bite Me

Thanked 9,454 Times in 5,160 Posts
Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like Jelly Is God Like

I've heard from several people that the men end up with ED after a "V" .. I have not looked at the stats. Although there is a fairly new procedure that women can go through called Cervical Ablasion. It's something to consider ... plus the bonus is that she will no longer have periods!
Old 07-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
blu
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like blu Is God Like

ive never had it done, i practice abstinace
blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #6
TBoyBob
Explosive!

TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like TBoyBob Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgrlgnbd View Post

Thanks Bdgrl.....This might be in a over 500 thread, doesn't want to give me permission!!
Old 07-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #7
gdgrl
Follow me

Awww, that sucks. Keep the link and read it later. It was his personal acct of the whole thing.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
Shawn
Forum Surfer

Thanked 17,609 Times in 9,225 Posts
Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute Shawn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgrlgnbd View Post
Awww, that sucks. Keep the link and read it later. It was his personal acct of the whole thing.
Yeah that is in my top 5 posts of All Time
Old 07-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #9
rascal2121
Flirting God

rascal2121 has a reputation beyond repute rascal2121 has a reputation beyond repute rascal2121 has a reputation beyond repute rascal2121 has a reputation beyond repute rascal2121 has a reputation beyond repute rascal2121 has a reputation beyond repute rascal2121 has a reputation beyond repute rascal2121 has a reputation beyond repute rascal2121 has a reputation beyond repute rascal2121 has a reputation beyond repute rascal2121 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Had the big V about 15 years ago. It was hilarious! The Doctor's assistant was a gorgeous blonde I had "known" before I was married and she held my "parts" out of the way and needless to say she didn't have to hold long. It stood at attention for the entire procedure.
rascal2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:41 PM   #10
Real_Good

Real_Good has disabled reputation

December 1987. The nurse that assisted was the mom of one of my co-workers that I had known for years. She asked if I wanted another nurse, and I replied, "If you aren't embarrased, neither am I. Some lady nurse is going to see and hold me, so what difference does it make?" She was a total professional the whole time.

Three day recovery, (wear a tight jock strap till it doesn't feel like things are pulling when you take it off), back to work, (follow your doctor's advice on this. I had a desk job.) and absolutely NO CHANGE OTHERWISE, other than total freedom for sex. Same feelings, same orgasms, same ejaculation, etc.

Be sure to use protection for about 4 weeks to make sure all the soldiers have evacuated the barracks, and get that 6 week test to verify!

I have a 1/2 inch scar that has become almost invisible.

Stories of ED are probably mostly urban myths, or the man had ED problems before. The mechanisms for erection aren't in the area the doctor works in.

Man up and do it! Ablation for her is a tough process, worse than a D&C. The freedom from worry is worth the small inconvenience.
Real_Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Real_Good For This Useful Post:
DirtRacer9 (07-17-2009), fever (07-15-2009), TBoyBob (07-16-2009)
Old 07-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #11
fever
At the edge of the abyss

Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,836 Posts
fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like

Took my husband 3 years to consent...including a very dry year by the end! Yeah, it was uncomfortable, but you might recall she withstood some discomfort delivering those kid(s) of yours. He had two days of frozen peas AND TLC from me! And no changes whatsoever in the long run. Just do it!

fever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fever For This Useful Post:
Real_Good (07-15-2009), sweet (07-17-2009), TBoyBob (07-16-2009)
Old 07-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #12
Nick182
Flirting God

Nick182 has a reputation beyond repute Nick182 has a reputation beyond repute Nick182 has a reputation beyond repute Nick182 has a reputation beyond repute Nick182 has a reputation beyond repute Nick182 has a reputation beyond repute Nick182 has a reputation beyond repute Nick182 has a reputation beyond repute Nick182 has a reputation beyond repute Nick182 has a reputation beyond repute Nick182 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm seriously ready to do it!
My wife... not so much... it's been in conversation now for 6 months.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #13
Denny422
Flirting God

Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like

You REALLY don't want to read Barkiss' story before you make this decision (or have the surgery for that matter)! And from the responses in the thread, it sounds like a lot of guys have some trouble with discomfort afterwards. A lot of the guys I talked to at the time said they had also.

I, on the other hand, did not. I opted for general anesthesia (no freakin' WAY was I gonna be AWAKE while somebody wielded a knife THERE!!!!), so I don't know if that made a difference (can't see how it would), but I didn't really have any problems at all with it. In fact, I stood and sang in a 1 1/2 hour concert the next day. I was a bit sore, of course, but nothing more than the usual from a deep cut I'd say. I don't remember using any ice packs (or peas) or anything. Most of my friends I've talked to since have pretty much indicated their experience more similar to mine than Barkiss'.

My surgery was in 1992 and I've never had any ED problems or other "side affect" issues. I didn't feel any different, respond any differently, take a longer or shorter time to get hard, orgasm, or anything else. Absolutely no change other than the sperm count, which was, of course, immaterial and transparent to me.

I was also in the military at the time and had gotten so used to the "assembly line" type of medicine and never seeing the same nurses or doctor that the embarassment factor was pretty much nil. After you've been naked and poked and prodded by enough strange women in a room full of other people enough times you kinda get used to it.

Short answer: Do it! TOTALLY worth it. No more worries, no more condoms, just sex. And the big one: she doesn't take the risks associated with serious abdominal surgery! You get a couple of stitches as an outpatient and are "normal" in hours, or at worst, days.
TBoyBob (07-16-2009)
Old 07-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #14
TBoyBob
Explosive!

Thanks to all for the responses and stories and reassurance.....Will definitely make it easier when my time comes next yr. to have heard from others who've gone thru it. I'm nervous to read the Barkiss' story!! yikes! Maybe I will wait to read it, Denny....prob. not bad advice.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #15
leggy

Thanked 4,198 Times in 3,268 Posts
leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like leggy Is God Like

My husband refused to do it.. He is a wus!!! EVen though I went through agony with my son in delivery to get him here!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 11:02 AM   #16
Rex
Cristalized

Thanked 3,042 Times in 2,200 Posts
Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like Rex Is God Like

I really have to get it done. It's Time.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #17
TBoyBob
Explosive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
I really have to get it done. It's Time.

I'm only 31 and I have to do it!! How'd you get outa that???!!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #18
discreet2u4u
Propagating Pithy Prose

discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute discreet2u4u has a reputation beyond repute

Had mine in 1983. Afterward propped my feet on the couch with a bag of ice or peas or something and a bottle of Jack Daniels. Literally stayed numb all over for three days, back to normal activity in a week, six weeks later began a worry free sex life. No performance issues at all. BTW - just a word of caution: there a quite a few cases of "Post vasectomy" kids, cause he didn't get the follow up test and DNA proved it was in fact his....get the picture?
Real_Good (07-16-2009)
Old 07-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #19
redcat
Forum Leader

Thanked 13,437 Times in 8,558 Posts
redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like

My FIL used to joke that he had 2 kids after his V. Not sure if it's true or not, but that follow-up test is probably a good thing. Hubby has steadfastly refused to do it...grrrrrrr.
redcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:05 PM   #20
Violet
Sparky's

Violet has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggy4 View Post
My husband refused to do it.. He is a wus!!! EVen though I went through agony with my son in delivery to get him here!!!
Same here.... my hubby has been refusing for 5 years now... even though I've given birth to 3 children. Who am I to ask him to go through the least bit of discomfort, right?!! GRRR!!
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Useful Post:
leggy (07-16-2009), sweet (07-17-2009)
Old 07-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #21
papabear48
Flirting God

papabear48 has a reputation beyond repute papabear48 has a reputation beyond repute papabear48 has a reputation beyond repute papabear48 has a reputation beyond repute papabear48 has a reputation beyond repute papabear48 has a reputation beyond repute papabear48 has a reputation beyond repute papabear48 has a reputation beyond repute papabear48 has a reputation beyond repute papabear48 has a reputation beyond repute papabear48 has a reputation beyond repute

All done
papabear48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #22
Barkiss
Primadogga

Thanked 3,065 Times in 1,711 Posts
Barkiss has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBoyBob View Post
Thanks to all for the responses and stories and reassurance.....Will definitely make it easier when my time comes next yr. to have heard from others who've gone thru it. I'm nervous to read the Barkiss' story!! yikes! Maybe I will wait to read it, Denny....prob. not bad advice.
Ah...it's not all that bad...specifically considering what you gain afterwards...freedom!!

I modified where my story was located so that anyone can read it. Enjoy if you have the patience.
Barkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #23
joekrafty
Super Flirt

joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute

Easy procedure...back to good in a week.
joekrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #24
joekrafty
Super Flirt

joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute joekrafty has a reputation beyond repute

The dry months led me to do it.
joekrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:43 AM   #25
CJSinIL
Violet's!

CJSinIL Is God Like CJSinIL Is God Like CJSinIL Is God Like CJSinIL Is God Like CJSinIL Is God Like CJSinIL Is God Like CJSinIL Is God Like CJSinIL Is God Like CJSinIL Is God Like CJSinIL Is God Like CJSinIL Is God Like

Hell No!!!! If the wife doesn't want babies anymore, she can take the trip to the dr. I would still like to have the option of having kids when I decide to get the big D. I'll make a deal with her. If we could do the horizontal mambo twice-three times a week, I'd consider it. That would be 11 more times per month. (Based on a standard four week month)
CJSinIL is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: