Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Current Events And Real Life

Current Events And Real Life Kids, Holidays, Entertainment. Things that married people worry about with our clothes on.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #1
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Thanked 12,666 Times in 8,647 Posts
hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like
Default Forces of Nature

I am enamored of people that could be classified as Forces of Nature. Those beings who seem to be beyond what ordinary humans seem to be.

I thought of this today because i caught a bit of a documentary about the 50th! Anniversary of the Rolling Stones first concert in Hyde Park. There they were again, grey, wrinkled and here comes Mick..a Force of Nature bounding down the runway like he is still 20.

Did I read he just became a great grandfather?

So, what forces of nature are you awed by? Family, friend, famous, or maybe someone here. I posted this in Old Timers because i guess after 4 years I am one.
hijiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #2
.Cotties
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 5,684 Times in 4,376 Posts
.Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like

I love how grumpy old people get and women.
.Cotties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:54 AM   #3
Just A Girl
The Notorious J.A.G.

Thanked 36,346 Times in 22,521 Posts
Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like Just A Girl Is God Like

Jesse Jackson. For real. I'm not even a fan 9 out of 10 days of the month but to listen to him speak, wow. He came to our high school and I was mesmerized.
He could literally sell ice to Eskimos.
hijiller (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like

Okay, I'm adding another one. Stephen Colbert. like his politics or no, he is a whirlwind. he can sing well, dance, do standup, and interview like no one else.

I think he will kill Jimmy Fallon when he starts at Late Night.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hijiller For This Useful Post:
Just A Girl (05-27-2014), MisterSinister (05-27-2014), SophieC (05-27-2014), trlnlty (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #5
SophieC
Cake please

Thanked 4,579 Times in 2,541 Posts
SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like

Okay, mine is a wee lady that lives near my parents in Scotland.

I won't name her - because I don't want to disrespect her - but she is a "wee lady". I'm sure everyone knows a woman like this. And I admire her beyond all measure.

She is 92, never married but has done a lot of hard jobs in her life to get by. Mainly she's been a cleaner, proper hard work cleaning. Out at 4am to clean early then back out again when the offices shut at night. And she raised siblings when her mum passed away. I know these things because she likes to talk. She likes people.

But my main reason for putting her in here happened nearly two years ago. She was out on her daily walk, she does a bit of shopping and I think goes out to get some human contact everyday. She is well loved by neighbours.

Anyway, one day nearly two years ago she was mugged by an utterly cowardly young man who stole her bag and hurt her. She was knocked to the ground and he punched her, but thankfully she didn't break any bones. I should say she is frail and tiny, one of those people who are almost bent double when walking. So everyone was so worried about her, but she wasn't in hospital long as wanted to get back to her own house. I was up visiting my family a week or so after it happened and we saw the lady when we were out walking.

She was out walking too. Alone. And this time the bag she had wasn't just over her arm, it was over her shoulder too. My dad - being my dad - asked her if she wasn't afraid to be out. And her reply made me pause, clearly, because I'm talking about it now.

"I AM afraid. But I won't let them keep my inside."

She was afraid but thought f*ck it, I'm still me. Which is more courage and bloody mindedness than I've shown sometimes in my life.

And its worth mentioning that she volunteers twice a week at a charity café where elderly people go to have a free lunch. She serves there, does the tea and coffee, to "help out the old folk".

I want to be like her when I grow up.
SophieC is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SophieC For This Useful Post:
ByronBay (05-27-2014), Dahlia (05-28-2014), daisyduck (05-27-2014), hijiller (05-27-2014), Just A Girl (05-27-2014), Lilyofthevalley (05-27-2014), Mr_Happy (05-27-2014), PunkyBob (05-27-2014), redcat (05-29-2014), scoobertina (05-27-2014), trlnlty (05-27-2014), Violetsrblue (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 12:25 PM   #6
.Cotties
Flirting Guest
I Love It Here

Thanked 5,684 Times in 4,376 Posts
.Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like .Cotties Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijiller View Post
Okay, I'm adding another one. Stephen Colbert. like his politics or no, he is a whirlwind. he can sing well, dance, do standup, and interview like no one else.

sounds like someone has a crush
.Cotties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:27 PM   #7
shouldbeonabeach
Frothy Wench

Thanked 1,075 Times in 931 Posts
shouldbeonabeach Is God Like shouldbeonabeach Is God Like shouldbeonabeach Is God Like shouldbeonabeach Is God Like shouldbeonabeach Is God Like shouldbeonabeach Is God Like shouldbeonabeach Is God Like shouldbeonabeach Is God Like shouldbeonabeach Is God Like shouldbeonabeach Is God Like shouldbeonabeach Is God Like

My children - they always seem to leave a path of destruction - whether it be mental or physical - even being 22 and 23!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #8
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotties View Post
sounds like someone has a crush

Old 05-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #9
MisterSinister
Subpar Legend

Thanked 6,194 Times in 4,710 Posts
MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like

Quote:

Thank you. I've been saying this ever since I heard the announcement.

NBC is shakin' in their corporate boots. Fallon is going down.
hijiller (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 01:59 PM   #10
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Ok, time for a female..Tina Turner? Oprah? Meryl?
Old 05-27-2014, 02:06 PM   #11
MisterSinister
Subpar Legend

Thanked 6,194 Times in 4,710 Posts
MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like MisterSinister Is God Like

Judge Judy. Don't fuck with her.
ByronBay (05-27-2014), hijiller (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 02:09 PM   #12
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSinister View Post
Judge Judy. Don't fuck with her.
No kidding. She'll call you an idiot in open court, and roll her eyes at bailiff, as if to say, how do these people get here.
The Following User Says Thank You to hijiller For This Useful Post:
MisterSinister (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #13
SophieC
Cake please

SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like SophieC Is God Like

Judi Dench.

Been much loved here forever, but now internationally loved.

She's 79 and a movie star, how brilliant is that. Also an actress of such power.

She has twinkly eyes, you know there is someone alive and vibrant behind them.

I think she truly beautiful.

I remember an interview with Emily Blunt where she was talking about doing a play with Judi Dench, and how young, and nervous, and overwhelmed by everyone she was. And Blunt saying that Dench took her to one side and said that if anyone ever upset her or intimidated her just because they could, then to tell her and that Judi would sort them out. I like her balls.

Also I saw her in a play last year and she was spellbinding.

It's all in those twinkly, beautiful eyes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SophieC For This Useful Post:
ByronBay (05-27-2014), hijiller (05-27-2014), Just A Girl (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 03:18 PM   #14
ByronBay
Perpetually Sporadic

Thanked 2,219 Times in 1,044 Posts
ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like ByronBay Is God Like

In the UK there was a farmer lady who became famous when a doco was made about her. Hannah Hauxwell.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannah_Hauxwell
She farmed in the high pennines for years and years without any running water or electricity. She had a really hard life and just got on with it with a great attitude. The whole country rallied to help her. Her life was changed for the better but she remained true to her spirit.
ByronBay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ByronBay For This Useful Post:
hijiller (05-27-2014), SophieC (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 03:58 PM   #15
billy383
Knotty

Thanked 4,938 Times in 4,124 Posts
billy383 Is God Like billy383 Is God Like billy383 Is God Like billy383 Is God Like billy383 Is God Like billy383 Is God Like billy383 Is God Like billy383 Is God Like billy383 Is God Like billy383 Is God Like billy383 Is God Like

I think my favorite was Doctor Huxtable. I mean, how would you like to have Urkel for a next door neighbor???

I won't bite, TRUST ME!
billy383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:34 PM   #16
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy383 View Post
I think my favorite was Doctor Huxtable. I mean, how would you like to have Urkel for a next door neighbor???
Bill Cosby..i agree..but Urkel did not live next door.

He was ABC; Cosby NBC.. well, i suppose that is nextdoor in the remote sense.

Cosby's early standup about his kids and how he gave them cake for breakfast was so funny..a trend setter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuamlBQ2aW4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hijiller For This Useful Post:
billy383 (05-27-2014), DomesticDiva (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 05:03 PM   #17
Caddidlehopper
Bringing confusion to all

Thanked 4,070 Times in 3,532 Posts
Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like Caddidlehopper Is God Like

I have yet to meet a true force of nature
Those I thought were turned out to be not so much

Gee willickers
Caddidlehopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #18
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Another force of nature..the Boss.

Play his albums from first to last and hear a history of American culture and struggles. Normal, kind, gives long concerts without a lot of silly chatter, someone who is always gracious.
SophieC (05-28-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 06:25 PM   #19
ErenBee
comfily unconventional

ErenBee has a reputation beyond repute ErenBee has a reputation beyond repute ErenBee has a reputation beyond repute ErenBee has a reputation beyond repute ErenBee has a reputation beyond repute ErenBee has a reputation beyond repute ErenBee has a reputation beyond repute ErenBee has a reputation beyond repute ErenBee has a reputation beyond repute ErenBee has a reputation beyond repute ErenBee has a reputation beyond repute

Till Lindemann from RAMMSTEIN.
ErenBee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ErenBee For This Useful Post:
hijiller (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 07:24 PM   #20
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErenBee View Post
Till Lindemann from RAMMSTEIN.
Not familiar..can you tell a bit about this person? I watched a video..yikes, he seems like a force of nature..like a hurricane or tornado!
ErenBee (05-28-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #21
ZoydW
Душу к одной зажечь

Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,581 Posts
ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like ZoydW Is God Like

There was an old woman former teacher in the school where I first taught who would address an auditorium of 1800 unruly students and could quiet them down by lifting one finger. A real force of nature. After she died a branch of the public library in the same neighborhood was named after her.
ZoydW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZoydW For This Useful Post:
hijiller (05-27-2014)
Old 05-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #22
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Another Force of Nature in a completely different realm.

Stephen Hawkings.

Now developing formula to predict World Cup winners.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/05/2...6pLid%3D481400

of course in the US we don't care. hire him for the March Madness Bracket picks and win a billion dollars.
MisterSinister (05-28-2014)
Old 05-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #23
SophieC
Cake please

Quote:
Another force of nature..the Boss.

Play his albums from first to last and hear a history of American culture and struggles. Normal, kind, gives long concerts without a lot of silly chatter, someone who is always gracious.
Stay away from Bruce lady!!

But if Bruce is in then how can we fail to mention - "the heart stopping, pants dropping, house rocking, earth quaking, booty shaking, Viagra taking, love making, legendary E STREET BAND".
The Following User Says Thank You to SophieC For This Useful Post:
hijiller (05-28-2014)
Old 05-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #24
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieC View Post
Stay away from Bruce lady!!

But if Bruce is in then how can we fail to mention - "the heart stopping, pants dropping, house rocking, earth quaking, booty shaking, Viagra taking, love making, legendary E STREET BAND".
I try, but what am I to do when he begs me to meet him in Hoboken for "just one drink"...I have no spine.

and sometimes the boys stop by...now, really..i am no saint.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:20 PM   #25
LucasR
Important Stuff Here

Thanked 3,518 Times in 2,501 Posts
LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like LucasR Is God Like

Milton Hershey
LucasR is online now   Reply With Quote