Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Jokes, Stories & Games

Jokes, Stories & Games Have a good joke to tell or a story to share. How about a game to play, Post it here and share it with us.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Thanked 12,578 Times in 8,582 Posts
hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like
Default Most dangerous or exciting event

in your life. Could be childhood or as adult. Some are thrill seekers; others have danger thrust into their way.

Here's one from when I was about 10.

I was with a few kids in the empty field behind our houses where we would play ball. It was a hot summer day, and we had matches. We wanted to start a little campfire..but you can guess, it was dry and uncut grass and the fire took off. We tried to put it out, but it just kept burning. No one wanted to go tell a mother because we knew we'd get in big trouble. So we stood there watching until one of the kids older brother showed up and said, WTF! He ran to the closest house and they called the fire department.

Meanwhile, i snuck home and sat on my swing and just acted like nothing was happening. Soon i heard the sirens, and my mother came out yelling..The field's on fire! We ran over and the whole neighborhood was there by this time and what seemed like a dozen fire trucks. I can still feel how absolutely terrified I was.

yes, we all got punished..not for starting the fire, my mother said, but for not reporting it. I've had other scary experiences in my life but those flames moving so fast stayed with me a long time.

I recently read that Henry Thoreau started a fire when he was young that burned down 300 acres of Concord woods. At least mine was just an empty lot.
hijiller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hijiller For This Useful Post:
survivorman (08-23-2010)
Old 08-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
Fwd40s
Flirting With Disaster

Thanked 3,552 Times in 3,054 Posts
Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like

Here is one for you that still makes me laugh. A few of us kids (about 13-15 yrs old) were playin gin an old empty field and someone discovered a bag of marijuana in a nice hiding place. Knowing what it was and knowing that we needed to keep our options open on it, we decided the best thing to do was to hide it ourselves to a new place....so we did.

We knew if we got caught by the owners of it that we might have to later give it up so we needed to keep that option open. We also new that drugs were no good so having fun by hiding it from them made us happy. And we knew that telling the police or an adult was just too much trouble than what it was worth.

I wonder if that bag is still there today .
hijiller (08-16-2010)
Old 08-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #3
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like hijiller Is God Like

Wow, there must be more adventures out there somewhere. No skidiving? no close escape from a sinking boat? No even a stampede at Walmart's on Black Friday?

At least someone must have hidden under the bed or in a closet??

This seems like such a spirited group, hope a few more of you will share some of your escapades.

How many rhymes can you write?

Thanks to 40 for his tale..I can imagine how stealthy those kids felt!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:28 AM   #4
Sisco
Flirting Guest
Flirting Is My Life :)

Sisco Is God Like Sisco Is God Like Sisco Is God Like Sisco Is God Like Sisco Is God Like Sisco Is God Like Sisco Is God Like Sisco Is God Like Sisco Is God Like Sisco Is God Like Sisco Is God Like

One of my more exciting events was the first time i soloed in an airplane. Remember it like is was an hour ago.
Sisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:59 AM   #5
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Now that's scary! Still flying?
Old 08-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #6
NYYlvr
First Due

Thanked 1,863 Times in 1,481 Posts
NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like

I wouldnt even know where to begin lol, great thread btw. I'll think about this and post something later.
NYYlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NYYlvr For This Useful Post:
Ginger (08-17-2010)
Old 08-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #7
omgreally
Super Flirt

omgreally is an unknown quantity at this point

Skydiving
omgreally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:03 AM   #8
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYlvr View Post
I wouldnt even know where to begin lol, great thread btw. I'll think about this and post something later.

OMG are you a firefighter? If so, you must have sooo many stories. Looking forward to hearing some, but don't hold my arsonist past against me!
Old 08-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #9
omgreally
Super Flirt

omgreally is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to dive with sharks though that sounds fun.
omgreally is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to omgreally For This Useful Post:
hijiller (08-17-2010)
Old 08-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #10
TomIAm
Ask me about my mudhole

Thanked 17,090 Times in 9,928 Posts
TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like TomIAm Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijiller View Post
in your life. Could be childhood or as adult. Some are thrill seekers; others have danger thrust into their way.

Here's one from when I was about 10.

I was with a few kids in the empty field behind our houses where we would play ball. It was a hot summer day, and we had matches. We wanted to start a little campfire..but you can guess, it was dry and uncut grass and the fire took off. We tried to put it out, but it just kept burning. No one wanted to go tell a mother because we knew we'd get in big trouble. So we stood there watching until one of the kids older brother showed up and said, WTF! He ran to the closest house and they called the fire department.

Meanwhile, i snuck home and sat on my swing and just acted like nothing was happening. Soon i heard the sirens, and my mother came out yelling..The field's on fire! We ran over and the whole neighborhood was there by this time and what seemed like a dozen fire trucks. I can still feel how absolutely terrified I was.

yes, we all got punished..not for starting the fire, my mother said, but for not reporting it. I've had other scary experiences in my life but those flames moving so fast stayed with me a long time.

I recently read that Henry Thoreau started a fire when he was young that burned down 300 acres of Concord woods. At least mine was just an empty lot.

this is spooky...I have nearly the identical story in my past.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #11
Ivan
Flirting God

Thanked 6,550 Times in 4,004 Posts
Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like Ivan Is God Like

Other than your typical motorcycle crashes and mountain climbing accidents, I think driving with my wife counts as the "most dangerous or exciting event".

She could make a New York cab driver pee in his pants out of fright, but to her it's just normal big European city driving. Her rule is go as fast as possible, go around anything that gets in the way, and ignore all road signs (including stop signs) unless there's a policeman around. And while doing this in heavy traffic on narrow streets, she'll also being carrying on a heated conversation on her cell phone and honking at scooters to get the hell out of the way.

I just close my eyes and pray most of the time.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ivan For This Useful Post:
hijiller (08-17-2010)
Old 08-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #12
redcat
Forum Leader

Thanked 13,400 Times in 8,528 Posts
redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like redcat Is God Like

LOL Ivan....be sure that insurance is paid up, too. And here I was, thinking it was only European cab drivers that drove like that.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #13
nuts 4 u
FBI

Location: not where you are, but give me a few days and i can be there( midwest)
nuts 4 u Is God Like nuts 4 u Is God Like nuts 4 u Is God Like nuts 4 u Is God Like nuts 4 u Is God Like nuts 4 u Is God Like nuts 4 u Is God Like nuts 4 u Is God Like nuts 4 u Is God Like nuts 4 u Is God Like nuts 4 u Is God Like

Quote:
Wow, there must be more adventures out there somewhere. No skidiving? no close escape from a sinking boat? No even a stampede at Walmart's on Black Friday?

At least someone must have hidden under the bed or in a closet??

This seems like such a spirited group, hope a few more of you will share some of your escapades.

How many rhymes can you write?

Thanks to 40 for his tale..I can imagine how stealthy those kids felt!
I have one or two give me a few hours . Mine is about fire in a field
nuts 4 u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #14
NYYlvr
First Due

Thanked 1,863 Times in 1,481 Posts
NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like NYYlvr Is God Like

Quote:
OMG are you a firefighter? If so, you must have sooo many stories. Looking forward to hearing some, but don't hold my arsonist past against me!
Yes I am lol. I do have alot of "stories" but I dont discuss publicly. Dont worry,I wont hold your arsonist past against you, I'm not and investigator anymore lol.
NYYlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #15
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts 4 u View Post
I have one or two give me a few hours . Mine is about fire in a field

Maybe the thread should have been Adventures with Fire..lol
Old 08-17-2010, 11:53 AM   #16
Fwd40s
Flirting With Disaster

Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like Fwd40s Is God Like

Speaking of fire, at our first house which was on a 2.5 acre plot of land in rural MD so we had a tractor for cutting the grass. During the fall of the first year, I thought it would be smart to use the tractor to cut-up the fallen leaves from the trees (lots of them) behind our house. The tractor engine was hot of course and the leaves caught on fire. So I had a mad scramble to get a hose, get a rake and get the wife to call the fire company. I put out the fire before the fire company got there and was coughing for 2 days because of all the smoke.

Moral of the story....don't use a tractor to mulch dry leaves on the ground.

I prefer more fun exciting events since then.
hijiller (08-17-2010)
Old 08-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #17
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomIAm View Post
this is spooky...I have nearly the identical story in my past.

Did your parents take you to the firehouse to get a talk from the fireman about how dangerous matches are and how a fireman could get hurt? That was part of my rehab and it did impress me. I also had to do a poster for the Fire Safety contest. But that's another story.

Let's hear yours!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #18
Captain
Flirting God

Captain has a reputation beyond repute Captain has a reputation beyond repute Captain has a reputation beyond repute Captain has a reputation beyond repute Captain has a reputation beyond repute Captain has a reputation beyond repute Captain has a reputation beyond repute Captain has a reputation beyond repute Captain has a reputation beyond repute Captain has a reputation beyond repute Captain has a reputation beyond repute

Bungee jumping
Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #19
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
Bungee jumping
egad!
Old 08-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #20
SaturnSky(m)
Taking a break

SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like

Take you pick:

I've sat through a six hour skydiving course to jump out if an airplane without having to go tandem.

As a kid I jumped across the top of train cars usually while they were parked, but there was this one time....

As a kid I would swing across the barn on a rope. It was about 20ft above the concrete floor.

I cornered and killed a rattlesnake with just a hunting knife. Later to be eaten.

Cliff diving and scuba diving and parasailing.

Going down a double black diamond slope while skiing on a warm day making the snow icy.

Having a family of black bears cross my path while deer hunting. I was on the ground not in a tree stand.

Being charged by a bull in an open field.

Being caught in a tornado and having to seek shelter in a storm shelter.
SaturnSky(m) is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SaturnSky(m) For This Useful Post:
hijiller (08-20-2010)
Old 08-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #21
SaturnSky(m)
Taking a break

SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like SaturnSky(m) Is God Like

The most dangerous and exciting of them all...getting married!
Old 08-20-2010, 05:03 PM   #22
Serena1
Super Flirt

Serena1 has a reputation beyond repute Serena1 has a reputation beyond repute Serena1 has a reputation beyond repute Serena1 has a reputation beyond repute Serena1 has a reputation beyond repute Serena1 has a reputation beyond repute Serena1 has a reputation beyond repute Serena1 has a reputation beyond repute Serena1 has a reputation beyond repute Serena1 has a reputation beyond repute Serena1 has a reputation beyond repute

Most dangerous event in my life was skydiving... Did it tandem though. Haven't done it on my own yet.
Serena1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Serena1 For This Useful Post:
hijiller (08-20-2010)
Old 08-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #23
hijiller
One foot on land, one on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnSky(m) View Post
Take you pick:

I've sat through a six hour skydiving course to jump out if an airplane without having to go tandem.

As a kid I jumped across the top of train cars usually while they were parked, but there was this one time....

As a kid I would swing across the barn on a rope. It was about 20ft above the concrete floor.

I cornered and killed a rattlesnake with just a hunting knife. Later to be eaten.

Cliff diving and scuba diving and parasailing.

Going down a double black diamond slope while skiing on a warm day making the snow icy.

Having a family of black bears cross my path while deer hunting. I was on the ground not in a tree stand.

Being charged by a bull in an open field.

Being caught in a tornado and having to seek shelter in a storm shelter.
Are you an adrenaline junkie?

Last edited by hijiller; 08-22-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #24
SaturnSky(m)
Taking a break

Quote:
Are you an adrenaline junkie?
I wouldn't say that I'm an adrenaline junkie. I do like a good adventure occasionally. Maybe I just have a knack of putting myself in dangerous or exciting situations
Old 08-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #25
Fwd40s
Flirting With Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnSky(m) View Post
The most dangerous and exciting of them all...getting married!

For me that qualifies as dangerous but not exciting
hijiller (08-23-2010)