Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Junk Drawer

Junk Drawer If you have nothing constructive to say then this is the place to say it. Happy Birthdays would fit well here.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:46 PM   #1
WandaRing
life can work...

WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like WandaRing Is God Like
Question Do you look your age? How do people treat you?

Do you look young or older for your age. And does how old you look effect how people treat you?

I've always been told that I look young for my age and people don't always take me seriously when they think I'm around 30, but when I tell them that I'm in my 40's their attitude seems to change or they treat me different....

I took a fall on Monday and a bus driver stopped to help... I was terrified that my hips were broken because I have Osteo, things were going slow, the bus driver told 911 that I was 28 years old and when I corrected her...she told the operator that I was a very young looking 42 yr old ...the operator asked her if I banged my head...giving my correct age they rushed the call...

I often run into problems or I'm treated like an idiot because people think I'm too young to understand or too young to sick....never realized that there is an age limit on how ill you can be....
Old 01-23-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
dartgirl
Flirting God

dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute dartgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your fall, hope it turned out ok. Sometimes the simplest falls can cause alot of damage.

I don't look my age, thank heavens. I do not feel or act my age either.
WandaRing (01-24-2009)
Old 01-24-2009, 12:17 AM   #3
Sofia
Kiss me if you dare..

Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like

I look like around my age, but sometimes I don't act my age it seems, and I seem to have this air about me that makes people think I am older than I am...
Sofia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sofia For This Useful Post:
WandaRing (01-24-2009)
Old 01-24-2009, 12:25 AM   #4
OICurready4me
Mighty's sex toy

OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like OICurready4me Is God Like

Many times I have been told that I don't look as old as I am but because I treat people the way I expect to be treated, most people treat me with respect.
The Following User Says Thank You to OICurready4me For This Useful Post:
WandaRing (01-24-2009)
Old 01-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
sweet

Thanked 2,631 Times in 1,658 Posts
sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like

I have always looked younger than I am. When I was in my early 20's I had several people think I was only 16. Now that I'm almost 30, many people have thought that I'm in my early 20's. They about fall over when I tell them I've been married for 10 years and have two kids and one on the way.

Sometimes I do feel like people don't take me seriously, even when they find out I'm not as young as they thought I was. To them I'm still very young and they probably don't think I've lived enough to know too much about certain things. Which to some extent is true. I do still have a little more growing to do, but I shouldn't be thought of as ignorant because of my young age.

On the contrary, when the early 20 something women I used to work with found out that I'm near 30, some of them stopped including me in their conversations and outings after work. I guess to them I was too old! LOL! Oh well, they really got on my nerves anyway.
sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sweet For This Useful Post:
WandaRing (01-25-2009)
Old 01-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
john30
Flirting God

john30 has a reputation beyond repute john30 has a reputation beyond repute john30 has a reputation beyond repute john30 has a reputation beyond repute john30 has a reputation beyond repute john30 has a reputation beyond repute john30 has a reputation beyond repute john30 has a reputation beyond repute john30 has a reputation beyond repute john30 has a reputation beyond repute john30 has a reputation beyond repute

i look younger than i am i have been told
john30 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to john30 For This Useful Post:
WandaRing (01-25-2009)
Old 01-24-2009, 10:32 AM   #7
Kissie
Flirting Goddess

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,622 Posts
Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like Kissie Is God Like

I look younger than my age....takes alot of work to keep that up too let me tell you!!!!
We hang around with alo tof younger people..I mean with SSG in the Army...so I dont act my age either....
I do have a few of the single guys that call me "Mom" but that is just there way....and I think they are looking for a home cooked dinner!!!!!
WandaRing (01-25-2009)
Old 01-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #8
sweet

Thanked 2,631 Times in 1,658 Posts
sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like sweet Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissie View Post
I do have a few of the single guys that call me "Mom" but that is just there way....and I think they are looking for a home cooked dinner!!!!!
Hey Mom, what's for dinner?
sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #9
Parliament
Flirting God

Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,990 Posts
Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like Parliament Is God Like

I've always looked young, and it sucked when I was teenager. But now, I kinda like it.

Be grateful for what you have, and who you are. What's the alternative? Life is a vapor, here today, and gone the next.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away ....
Parliament is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parliament For This Useful Post:
WandaRing (01-25-2009)
Old 01-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
Alfa
Smilin@the world go by

Thanked 4,917 Times in 3,127 Posts
Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like Alfa Is God Like

I have been blessed to always look younger than my age as well.
Wifey's friends always tell her that they think I look ~30-35.

It is pretty funny when people who don't know me hear me talk about my 20 year old son.
Their eyes get real big and a few of them have literally dropped their jaws, lol.
That's when they say "No way! You're too young to have a son that old!", to which I always reply "That was the right answer!"
Alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alfa For This Useful Post:
WandaRing (01-25-2009)
Old 01-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #11
Nice
Slightly Devilish

Thanked 1,119 Times in 897 Posts
Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like Nice Is God Like

I have been told I look younger than my age. I have also been fortunate to not have any gray hairs crop up. My sister is 5 years younger than me and has to constantly colour her hair. Everyone thinks she's the big sister and no one beleives my mom could have a daughter my age. But then again, I don't have kids to give me gray hairs lol.
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nice For This Useful Post:
WandaRing (01-25-2009)
Old 01-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #12
learman3
Flirting God

learman3 Is God Like learman3 Is God Like learman3 Is God Like learman3 Is God Like learman3 Is God Like learman3 Is God Like learman3 Is God Like learman3 Is God Like learman3 Is God Like learman3 Is God Like learman3 Is God Like

I became very uncomfortable with my age when I hit 40. I still feel that way, partly due to the age, but also due to the fact I do not think I have accomplished anything in my life. It irks me that if some one asked what I have accomplished in my life I couldn't come back with an answer.

As for how I get treated...I really have not noticed. I don't feel people treat as if I am old. Maybe they do and it goes right over my head...I'm pretty much clueless with these types of things.
learman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to learman3 For This Useful Post:
WandaRing (01-25-2009)
Old 01-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #13
fly
Well hello Mr. Mister....

Location: In my own make believe land. it's warm in here. No wait.....I'm standing over the vent. CRAP!!!
Thanked 1,744 Times in 1,063 Posts
fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like fly Is God Like

Most people tell me I look like I'm in my 20's. I even had someone tell me the other day that I had
the body of a teenager (is that good or bad!)

I assume MOST of them are full of .
I mean what are they GONNA SAY? DANG girl get some NOXEMA????
You're looking OLD!!!!

fly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fly For This Useful Post:
Alfa (01-24-2009), msu (01-28-2009), WandaRing (01-25-2009)
Old 01-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #14
celtichazel
Super Flirt

celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute celtichazel has a reputation beyond repute

also a fortunate one to hear i look younger than i am!! think my attitude and hair color help that though. those this week i have been sick and hear i look, well .........................old and worn out! which are sad but true.
celtichazel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to celtichazel For This Useful Post:
WandaRing (01-25-2009)
Old 01-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #15
ReddressDevi
not here to stay....

Thanked 3,374 Times in 2,628 Posts
ReddressDevi Is God Like ReddressDevi Is God Like ReddressDevi Is God Like ReddressDevi Is God Like ReddressDevi Is God Like ReddressDevi Is God Like ReddressDevi Is God Like ReddressDevi Is God Like ReddressDevi Is God Like ReddressDevi Is God Like ReddressDevi Is God Like

I am told I look younger...but by the way I talk or the friends I have I am not always guessed younger!
ReddressDevi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ReddressDevi For This Useful Post:
WandaRing (01-25-2009)
Old 01-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #16
MCat
Flirting Goddess

Thanked 1,264 Times in 824 Posts
MCat has disabled reputation

I think I look younger than 51...since I lost 27 lbs and started coloring my hair especially. Gonna have to watch my weight....can't get too chubby to ride my horse.

My hair would have a lot of gray...so if I didn't color it I would most certainly look my age or older. For me...the chubby makes me feel older...my body doesn't work as well...so I act older. Things hurt, I whine, and want to sleep a lot.

People at work started to treat me differently when I started feeling better about myself and started taking better care of myself.

How we look and feel about ourselves has something to do with the image we project to others...if you act like a piece of constant sorrow and pain filled flesh...then thats how you are gonna be seen. If you have a positive outlook and feel good body and soul others see and feel it.
MCat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MCat For This Useful Post:
WandaRing (01-25-2009)
Old 01-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #17
Tiglet
Missed Y'all

Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,444 Posts
Tiglet Is God Like Tiglet Is God Like Tiglet Is God Like Tiglet Is God Like Tiglet Is God Like Tiglet Is God Like Tiglet Is God Like Tiglet Is God Like Tiglet Is God Like Tiglet Is God Like Tiglet Is God Like

Personally I think I look my age but apparently other folks don't but as I get older the age difference between what I am and what they thought isn't so much as it used to be.

ACT my age.....nope...never really known how to do that

I think I am young at heart and hope to always be that way! I guess maybe I get it from my folks....most folks think they're in their late 50's early 60's and they are actually mid and late 70's.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tiglet For This Useful Post:
WandaRing (01-25-2009)
Old 01-25-2009, 12:18 AM   #18
Violet
Sparky's

Violet has disabled reputation

I look younger than I really am. I got carded buying cigarettes for my husband a few days ago...I still get carded for cigarettes and alcohol quite often. Getting carded really bothered me 10 years ago, but now it doesn't bother me at all.

But I also think that looking younger does change the way people treat you. I feel like some (not all) people who think I'm younger than I really am do talk to me as if I'm just a kid. Later those same people can find out my real age, suddenly I notice they don't seem to be "talking down to me".
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Violet For This Useful Post:
WandaRing (01-25-2009)
Old 01-25-2009, 12:43 AM   #19
scoobertina
scoobalicious

Thanked 18,202 Times in 12,317 Posts
scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like scoobertina Is God Like

I think I do... but people tell me I look 10 years younger... I think it is funny, thank them, move on..

ohhh and I am not treated any differently...
Old 01-25-2009, 12:52 AM   #20
dcowboy09
Distinquish

Thanked 1,345 Times in 1,121 Posts
dcowboy09 Is God Like dcowboy09 Is God Like dcowboy09 Is God Like dcowboy09 Is God Like dcowboy09 Is God Like dcowboy09 Is God Like dcowboy09 Is God Like dcowboy09 Is God Like dcowboy09 Is God Like dcowboy09 Is God Like dcowboy09 Is God Like

i am a old man so people treat me that way..........
WandaRing (01-25-2009)
Old 01-25-2009, 03:08 AM   #21
sandycrotch
Flirting God

sandycrotch has disabled reputation

Most people think I am younger than I am, but that may have more to do with the way I act more than the way I look! LOL
sandycrotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:03 AM   #22
leighm.
Flirting God

leighm. Is God Like leighm. Is God Like leighm. Is God Like leighm. Is God Like leighm. Is God Like leighm. Is God Like leighm. Is God Like leighm. Is God Like leighm. Is God Like leighm. Is God Like leighm. Is God Like

I'm 49 but people think I'm younger. Was told only today I still look the same as I did 27yrs ago and that I have a baby face. Yet when I was in my late teens I always looked older or maybe it was mature enough not to have to show ID. Used to attrack the older guys too, which was good back then. But these days people seem to think I'm younger. My mum always had good skin and looked young. Think I take after her, except she died at the age of 46 so can't compare anymore.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:21 AM   #23
Dmy
Always dreaming!

Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like Dmy Is God Like

I have always been told I look younger. I have great genes on both side for looking young. Its a good thing, but I dont think I get treated any differently.
Dmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #24
Sofia
Kiss me if you dare..

Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like Sofia Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighm View Post
I'm 49 but people think I'm younger. Was told only today I still look the same as I did 27yrs ago and that I have a baby face. Yet when I was in my late teens I always looked older or maybe it was mature enough not to have to show ID. Used to attrack the older guys too, which was good back then. But these days people seem to think I'm younger. My mum always had good skin and looked young. Think I take after her, except she died at the age of 46 so can't compare anymore.
My mom died at 46 too...what a coincidence....
Sofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:47 AM   #25
Brink
"Man of few words"

Thanked 1,846 Times in 1,107 Posts
Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like

I probably look at least my age – you could plot a course using the furrows on my face. I should really have moisturised more, kept out of the sun, and not frowned at all. I feel I’m aging quickly these days, and can look pretty haggard at times, but can’t say it’s affecting me that much. I still recognise myself, still feel comfortable, and still take the same level of thought over my appearance, but I’m resigned to do nothing more until my general health becomes an issue.

As for acting my age – not sure how age and behaviour can be defined and compared, though I’m sure it is related at times! Feeling philosophical today, so I’ll say I’ve done my fair share of learning, searching and experiencing for a 38 year old, but I still hold on to my youthful exuberance - I need it sometimes! Largely, people seem to treat me the way I treat them, and I don’t really focus on age that much.