Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Everyday Life For Married Couples

Everyday Life For Married Couples A forum for couples to chat about your everyday married life. This would be a good place for women and men to get to know eachother.

Old 04-19-2008, 01:44 AM   #51
Krystal
Flirting Goddess

Thanked 1,085 Times in 780 Posts
Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny422 View Post
I can't solemnly swear I can always be considered one of the "mature" ones (ask my wife), but I'll take a shot anyway.

I didn't take offense at the phrase "told him" to slow down; I know what you mean. We all "tell" our spouses what to do pretty regularly. We don't mean to belittle, we just "talk straight" instead of being careful like we would to a friend or co-worker. It's a byproduct of living together and learning to be yourself around that other person and expecting them to know what we mean and how we mean it by some supernatural sixth sense we expect our mates to have (note the inclusion of both sexes here).

To your actual question though: my wife and I have the same problem with telling each other how to drive (and you wouldn't believe the amount of time we spend in a car, we bought a car in august with 85K on it, now it has 127K). I honestly try to at least listen to her suggestions/comments/orders (insert the word you're comfortable with), but I admit I don't always comply. My reaction is significantly affected by her delivery. If she hollers "Don't get so close!" out of the blue, I grit my teeth and maybe ignore her. If she says "could you back off him a little" or "could you slow down a little", I'll probably apologize and do what she wants.

How did you approach him?

Sorry to be long winded.
Denny, your wife may not think you're "mature", lol, but you're wise beyond your years.

My approach was a plain as day conversation, it wasn't an order, nor was it even a suggestion. It was a statement. Two blocks before the intersection of the traffic light, I realized that at the speed he was going, and the amount of green lights we'd gone through, he wasn't going to be able to stop for the upcoming red light.

I said "That red light camera is coming up soon, you're going to have to slow down or you're not going to be able to stop for the light with these brakes." That was it. No raised voice, nothing like that. A statement.

He got that "Screw that, I'm Dale Jr., I'll make it." look on his face....and sped up, instead of slowing down. As we approached the light, I got a little louder, obviously, and said again "you're not going to make it, slow down", since I wanted to live to see the other side of the street. You know the rest of the story, he didn't make it.
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:48 AM   #52
Krystal
Flirting Goddess

Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like Krystal Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpintwin View Post
Krystal, part of being a man is pushing our luck. It's what we do. It may sound nice to have someone who 'listens' or always does the safe/logical thing...but it's also very boring. Pushing a red light is a very tame way to let the urge out. Give him a little grief, laugh at it, and then let it go.
No problem, Thump....I'll tell him you said he's a man, then I'll send you the bill for the ticket. $155, made out to NYC Dept. of Traffic, k?
Old 04-19-2008, 01:52 AM   #53
Thumpintwin
I wonder what this does

Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute Thumpintwin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
No problem, Thump....I'll tell him you said he's a man, then I'll send you the bill for the ticket. $155, made out to NYC Dept. of Traffic, k?
Nah...part of the game is being responsible for our own mistakes. Now if I was trying to impress you and ran the light...Id take care of the ticket...
Old 04-19-2008, 01:59 AM   #54
Denny422
Flirting God

Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like Denny422 Is God Like

Been there, done that.

Can't say I would dare a spot where I knew (or had just been told) there was a camera, but sometimes I get that "I'll show her" thing going.

We've had A LOT of discussions about this kind of thing in the car. We've been in some bad accidents and she is REALLY nervous in a car because she is afraid of further damage to herself. Not to brag, but I told you how much driving we do, and I am almost always at the wheel. No one else is the slightest bit nervous in a car with me (believe me, I've asked) and frequently get complimented on my skills. But she cringes any time I hit the brakes, speed up, whatever; regardless of how close the other cars are. She's always grabbing the door handles or bracing herself in some way, and she does it to people other than me. It's enough to drive you nuts. So we talk a lot.

It helps to talk about a situation that made you upset LATER-NOT RIGHT THEN! Bring it up in a neutral setting when you're not still mad and he's not feeling defiant and try to discuss not only how it made you felt, but how to handle it in the future. Maybe even ask "if you were doing (insert issue here) and it bothered me, how would you want me to bring it up"? May sound silly, but it works.

At least sometimes.
Denny422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:18 AM   #55
Constance
Life is short, live it!

Constance has disabled reputation

Well I say men will be men. We as women have to just deal with it. It makes life so much easier. Not like men aren't always thinking, what did I do now!
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:23 AM   #56
spare_change
Multiple Orgasm Donor

Thanked 4,146 Times in 2,865 Posts
spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like

Quote:
Is it "submitting to verbal castration" to use your own brain, SEE the red light, and stop for it BEFORE you commit a traffic violation that you don't have the money to pay for? I think not. That's called DRIVING. If you can't do it correctly, get out of the driver's seat.

The facts are that I didn't set out to treat him like "one of the kids". He acted like one by averting the law and putting us both in danger. If we were killed by another car while running that red light, and I didn't tell him anything at all.....whose fault would it be? Mine or his? It wouldn't matter. We could both be dead due to his ignorance.

I don't speak just to hear myself speak. I told him to slow down for his own safety as well as mine. To ignore safety precautions, just to "prove that you're your own man" is stupid, plain and simple.
Yep -- you told him, all right. You were right .... again. I don't know why he just doesn't recognize your superiority and do everything you say.

You wanted to know why men don't listen --- we told you. Now, who isn't listening? You can hide behind the traffic issue, but that wasn't the question .... what he did was dangerous and foolhardy, but again, that wasn't the question you asked.

Last edited by spare_change; 04-19-2008 at 02:26 AM.
spare_change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:44 AM   #57
fourisit
Two years...Really?!?!

Thanked 1,315 Times in 987 Posts
fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like fourisit Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by spare_change View Post
Yep -- you told him, all right. You were right .... again. I don't know why he just doesn't recognize your superiority and do everything you say.

You wanted to know why men don't listen --- we told you. Now, who isn't listening? You can hide behind the traffic issue, but that wasn't the question .... what he did was dangerous and foolhardy, but again, that wasn't the question you asked.
Someone needs a nap...would you stop trying to control spare krystal it is ticking him off.
fourisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:49 AM   #58
PowWhackIt
Mom's Garage

PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spare_change View Post

I read through this post twice and I believe Spare has the answer here.

Women seem to take particular delight in letting their significant other know that once again they are a moron. She will not only tell him, but, (and men know this) she will tell all her girl friends "what that idiot did".
PowWhackIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:54 AM   #59
spare_change
Multiple Orgasm Donor

Thanked 4,146 Times in 2,865 Posts
spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like spare_change Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourisit View Post
Someone needs a nap...would you stop trying to control spare krystal it is ticking him off.
Well, that certainly was a intelligent input, fourisit --- if you can't attack the issues, attack the individual. I assume you just can't handle the truth. I think you're letting your bitterness get in the way of an adult discussion.

This is exactly the problem you refuse to acknowledge ... a holier than thou attitude coupled with an unwillingness to look at the truth. And, you wonder why he is the way he is?

Go back -- don't read my posts -- read the posts from the other guys. They aren't attacking you -- they're answering the question -- you just refuse to listen because it doesn't coincide with your particular view of the world. It's their observations -- the other side of the skirmish line you've created.

By the way, it would take a hell of a lot more than this to tick me off.

Last edited by spare_change; 04-19-2008 at 05:02 AM.
spare_change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:03 AM   #60
dixiechik
Can you see me now?

Thanked 7,896 Times in 5,118 Posts
dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like dixiechik Is God Like

Men are just too hard headed to admit the woman is always right!
dixiechik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dixiechik For This Useful Post:
Krystal (04-19-2008)
Old 04-19-2008, 08:19 AM   #61
PowWhackIt
Mom's Garage

PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute PowWhackIt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiechiknga View Post
Men are just too hard headed to admit the woman is always right!

PowWhackIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:01 AM   #62
Sunfiresix
Flirting God

Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like Sunfiresix Is God Like

Huh? what was that you said???

Why was I born handsome rather than rich.....
Sunfiresix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:22 AM   #63
marriedwomanchaser
Always Looking For Better

marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, might be a little out of line here, but when my wife and I were in the same vehicle last time, I was driving, and she insisted(trying out a nice word for nagging me to death) on me doing the driving. So you seeeeeeeeeee I was listening to her, I drove the stinkin car.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:45 AM   #64
Krystal
Flirting Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourisit View Post
Actually four, I wasn't trying to control anyone, including my husband....but apparently I'm holier than thou and unwilling to see the truth...so what do i know?
Old 04-19-2008, 09:54 AM   #65
UltimateNaneki
BBW Sex Goddess

Location: My heart and soul is in a small city called Jonquiere...I only wish my body was there too!
UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like UltimateNaneki Is God Like

Cause they either have no ears OR they know all the answers (though they are to the wrong questions...) OR they are not listening.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:04 AM   #66
Ally
Visitor
I Love It Here

Thanked 6,354 Times in 4,182 Posts
Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like Ally Is God Like

It's just all about pride. They don't want to admit when they are wrong, and they don't want to be told what to do. Plain and simple. You just have to accept it. Sometimes I get frustrated by it too. I don't remember who said it but someone said that you have to let them learn from their mistakes. It's so true.

When I'm driving, I hate it when my husband tells me how to drive so I try not to tell him how to either (although it is SOOOOOOOOO hard not too because he is the slowest driver in the world!!!). I just think everyone should try not to be backseat drivers. The number one place couples fight are in cars.
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #67
Rays
Flirting God

Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like

Did you say something?
Rays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:08 AM   #68
Krystal
Flirting Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_love_fl View Post
Did you say something?
lol, no dear, go back to what you were doing....
Old 04-19-2008, 10:18 AM   #69
Torin
Princess

Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like

Ya know... I usually don't try to steer my hubby in the right direction. I know its the right thing to do, but I also know he won't listen to me, so I just bite my tongue. I figure he will make his own mistakes, and ask me for help when he needs it. Like thats ever gonna happen.

Torin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:30 AM   #70
Real_Good

Real_Good has disabled reputation

The scenario while I was driving used to be lots of "input" from the passenger seat, until...

1) was yelled at for a choice I made.
2) I stopped the van in the middle of the street (busy)
3) Told my wife if she wanted to get home, she must drive.
4) I got in the back seat and waited.
5) She drove home, and for the next 3 months, if we went anywhere together she drove.
6) Anytime she drove I was silent.
7) Since that day, no more "input" from the passenger seat.
8) I love my wife dearly, and she is a very fine woman.
9) All passenger vehicles are designed to be controlled by the person in the seat behind the steering wheel.
10) Anyone who disagress with that can notice the mistletoe attached to my tail of my shirt.

My question goes to this:

How do you approach him about things that will truly matter or have long term life importance. I can only imagine.
Real_Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:33 AM   #71
Sylar
Givin' lumps of coal

Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like

Ok...now I gotta put my two cents in:

Here's the deal, as I see it. We're different creatures, with different inherent personality traits that each side must try to understand. Understanding how we are, and how we view the world will help immeasurably in fostering proper communication that does NOT lead to "she's nagging my ass off" or "he's an insensitive idiot".

It has to come from both sides. Men MUST understand the protective and concerned maternal nature of the woman. She needs to guide. To nurture. To be involved. It is her inherent biological machinery at work - not her superiority complex.

Women MUST understand that men are prideful, arrogant, a little foolhardy, and feel a need to control their environment. It is our biological machinery at work - not our stupidity or our disrespect for your opinion.

Put those two together in a relationship and it seems logical to me that two things must happen.

1. Women must understand men's machinery and take that into consideration when they phrase their advice or directions, and

2. Men must understand woman's machinery and her need to take proper care of all around them, and not be so damn sensitive as to what she is trying to say. It's not about control...she's just being what she is made to be.

Sounds a lot like compromise to me, but what do I know? My wife hasn't given me my opinion yet...
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylar For This Useful Post:
fourisit (04-20-2008)
Old 04-19-2008, 10:36 AM   #72
marriedwomanchaser
Always Looking For Better

marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute marriedwomanchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Torin, I'm listening
Old 04-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #73
Sylar
Givin' lumps of coal

Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like Sylar Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by torin30 View Post
Ya know... I usually don't try to steer my hubby in the right direction. I know its the right thing to do, but I also know he won't listen to me, so I just bite my tongue. I figure he will make his own mistakes, and ask me for help when he needs it. Like thats ever gonna happen.
Hey, can you help me with something?
Old 04-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #74
Torin
Princess

Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like Torin Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasha View Post
Sounds a lot like compromise to me, but what do I know? My wife hasn't given me my opinion yet...

(Actually, you did pretty damn good by yourself... great post!)

Torin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #75
Rays
Flirting God

Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like Rays Is God Like

Quote:
lol, no dear, go back to what you were doing....
Uh huh. OK. That sounds good.
Rays is offline   Reply With Quote