Married And Flirting Chat

Go Back   Married And Flirting Chat > Married And Flirting Chat Forums > Junk Drawer

Junk Drawer If you have nothing constructive to say then this is the place to say it. Happy Birthdays would fit well here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
Brink
"Man of few words"

Thanked 1,846 Times in 1,107 Posts
Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like
Default I am counting up!

With all the emphasis on counting down, it occurred to me that there could be an even better way to give your posts a purpose, focus, and a goal – set yourself a post count at where you will stop, and count towards your finale instead!

Say, by an extreme twist of technology, we were only allowed 500 posts each on the internet, and you decided to spend them here at M&F, can you imagine what the consequences this ‘life-span’ would have on your posting…and on the forum?

With all good things having to end eventually, and often suddenly with uncertainty or in negative terms, I think there would be many benefits to planning your cessation, if this is indeed addictive!

Calling it a day at a certain point could free you up to undertake all these things you have learned, help you to appreciate the experience more….or lead to your never-ending existence in the fun zone.

So, who wants to join me in the spirit of counting up? I'm sure nobody will hold you to it!!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:13 PM   #2
92115guy
I chose "Dare"

92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like 92115guy Is God Like

That would be a paradigm shift for me and I don't think that I am ready for that...lol.

That a great question to ask though. If we were limited to a set number of posts we would really think about what to post. OTOH, I bet that none of us would post at all since we would all be waiting for that "magic" moment to post.

james
The Following User Says Thank You to 92115guy For This Useful Post:
Brink (10-28-2008)
Old 10-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #3
fever
At the edge of the abyss

Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,836 Posts
fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like

I was thinking the same thing, James...I think I'd hold back a lot more, save up my posts. I think I'd also lean toward the serious rather than the fun. I wonder how many threads would never have been written...the relationships that would never have been...the thoughts never thought.

However, the idea of setting a limit and getting out of here has its benefits, too!

The Following User Says Thank You to fever For This Useful Post:
Brink (10-28-2008)
Old 10-27-2008, 09:22 PM   #4
OnceAKing
Expecting Company

Thanked 2,376 Times in 1,510 Posts
OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like OnceAKing Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by fever View Post
I was thinking the same thing, James...I think I'd hold back a lot more, save up my posts. I think I'd also lean toward the serious rather than the fun. I wonder how many threads would never have been written...the relationships that would never have been...the thoughts never thought.

However, the idea of setting a limit and getting out of here has its benefits, too!

Baaaaaa humbug...just get to posting...oh that's what you just did...lol

Old 10-28-2008, 08:36 AM   #5
Brink
"Man of few words"

Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like Brink Is God Like

Quote:

Yep, added to this, with set post limits there would be no time for hijacking your own thread with idle pedantics, which is why I'm glad I can say Fever: if you don't mind, the "Redemption" line in your signiture has been slowly unnerving me for weeks. Call me arcane, but if I achieve nothing else from this thread, would you mind correcting it...save me the typo "intimidation" it seems I just can't ignor! Thanks!

And, back to counting up!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:34 PM   #6
fever
At the edge of the abyss

Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,836 Posts
fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like fever Is God Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Yep, added to this, with set post limits there would be no time for hijacking your own thread with idle pedantics, which is why I'm glad I can say Fever: if you don't mind, the "Redemption" line in your signiture has been slowly unnerving me for weeks. Call me arcane, but if I achieve nothing else from this thread, would you mind correcting it...save me the typo "intimidation" it seems I just can't ignor! Thanks!

And, back to counting up!
So it occurs to me, in response to your request that, with a limited post count I would do much more initiating and much less responding. However, for you dear, the signature is corrected...thank you for pointing out the error. Interesting that you've been following it for weeks. In other news, it seems I need to ask my secretary to start proofing my posts!!! Wonder how that will go over...

The Following User Says Thank You to fever For This Useful Post:
Brink (10-29-2008)
Old 10-29-2008, 07:06 AM   #7
Brink
"Man of few words"

Quote:
So it occurs to me, in response to your request that, with a limited post count I would do much more initiating and much less responding. However, for you dear, the signature is corrected...thank you for pointing out the error. Interesting that you've been following it for weeks. In other news, it seems I need to ask my secretary to start proofing my posts!!! Wonder how that will go over...
That’s better! Like a blot on any landscape, it’s much nicer for the viewer to see it gets fixed....especially when it concerns a favourite film.

No need for the secretary, though - I regularly patrol the background for grave errors. Very little slips the notice!
Closed Thread